Full-Time Staff Assistant, Resident Director
Staff Assistant, Resident Director
Bridgewater State University is an inclusive community dedicated to the lifelong success of all students, focused on the continuous improvement of its people, and responsible for leading innovation that benefits Southeastern Massachusetts, the commonwealth, and the world. Bridgewater’s accessible environment of teaching and learning stimulates critical thinking, pursuit of new knowledge, and deeper understanding, the cultivation of meaningful and diverse interpersonal relationships, and fostering an appreciation for global engagement, all aimed at transforming lives and improving the human condition.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is reflected in our https://www.bridgew.edu/bsuvalues, which ensure that all students are supported and succeed.
Bridgewater State University is equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. Members of underrepresented groups, and those committed to working in a diverse cultural environment, are strongly encouraged to apply.
The mission of the Department of Residence Life and Housing is to provide a safe, inclusive, and quality residential experience where access to programs, services, and staff fosters a sense of community in an environment conducive to learning.
The Resident Director (RD) is a 10-month live-in staff member responsible for the daily functions and management of an assigned residence hall, while also supporting a residential area. The primary goal of this position is to establish a cohesive and inclusive residential community utilizing diversity and social justice practices to promote student success.
The RD serves as a front-line responder in on-campus emergency situations and is required to work daytime, on-duty, and non-traditional hours including nights and weekends. The RD directly supervises and evaluates various student staff including but not limited to resident assistants, office assistants and other student employees within their residence hall as needed. The RD is expected to be knowledgeable of and enforce university policies and procedures, be available to students and make referrals to appropriate academic and/or administrative departments as necessary.
This position is designated as a Title IX and Equal Opportunity Responsible Employee and is required to directly report any allegations or reports of potential sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, or stalking or allegations of protected category-based discrimination and harassment to the Director of Equal Opportunity/Title IX Coordinator.
This is an exempt, APA unit position and is subject to the terms of that union agreement.
Reports to an Area Coordinator or a member of the Residence Life & Housing Leadership Team.
Provides supervision to student staff for their assigned residence hall including but not limited to resident assistants and office assistants.
Position Type: APA Professional
1. Provide general day-to-day management of the assigned residence hall.
2. Participate in the recruitment, selection, training and development of student employees within the residential area to which you are assigned.
3. Execute the opening and closing plans for the assigned residence hall at the beginning and end of each semester, vacation periods, and other breaks in the academic schedule.
4. Facilitate room changes and mediate roommate conflicts.
5. Conduct ongoing health and safety inspections of student rooms with the student staff and submit maintenance requests for needed repairs through their area coordinator.
6. Conduct regular inspections of assigned residence hall to build community.
7. Attend all staff meetings and professional development sessions as determined by supervisor.
8. Support and attend University events and programs.
9. Serve as an active member of at least one departmental committee as assigned.
10. Provide written reports (i.e. monthly reports, assessment reports and end of the year reports) and summaries as requested by Residence Life and Housing and/or Student Affairs and Enrollment Management.
11. Maintain social media outlets for assigned residence hall.
1. Assist with the implementation of intentional programs, services and activities that will meet the unique needs of all student populations in collaboration with the Area Coordinator.
2. Support the recruitment of student attendance at meetings and the activities of the Residence Hall Association.
3. Conduct necessary residential area meetings for students as needed (i.e. opening each semester).
1. Serve as a hearing officer and adjudicate cases that are alleged to be in violation of the Student Code of Conduct or Residence Hall Policies.
2. Be aware of and enforce University and residence hall policies; coordinate with University Police and other offices as needed.
3. Ensure student compliance with University, local, and state policies regarding alcohol and drugs.
1. Serve in the on-duty and on-call rotation for the residence halls for after-hours response to critical issues.
2. Counsel individual students regarding personal concerns and issues reported via Residence Life Concern Forms.
3. Serve as a role model and mentor for students.
4. Assist with office projects and initiatives as assigned by the Director of Residence Life and Housing or designee.
5. Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
• Ability to use technology effectively and learn/adapt to new technology as necessary.
• Ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written forms.
• Master’s Degree in a related field.
• Previous university residence hall administration and programming experience.
Bridgewater State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employee with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation for the application process, please complete and submit this electronic form: https://cm.maxient.com/reportingform.php?BridgewaterStateUniv&layout_id=18
Special Conditions for Eligibility:
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
This position is not eligible for H-1B sponsorship.
Salary Range: $40,000
Posting Number: S01015P
Open Date: 09/06/2023
Close Date: 9/25/2023
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position: *a minimum of one (1) employment history entry. *a minimum of three (3) professional reference entries.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4572141
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
How to ApplyTo apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4572141
76 total views, 1 today