Full-Time Sr Manager, Communications Compliance Services
The Sr Manager, Communications Compliance Services will be responsible for the daily operations of Avalara’s telecommunication tax compliance services. The Sr Manager will coach and mentor team members and develop operational readiness processes and efficiencies in support of Avalara ‘s customers’ communications tax returns and business licenses. The Sr Manager will drive overall team success by partnering with various teams throughout the organization to identify and implement changes using automation, technology, and process enhancements.
- Manage a diverse, remote, compliance team that supports the customer experience and end to end deliverables of telecommunication returns and business licenses
- Establish operational goals and work plans in support of an expanding customer base, delegate assignments to subordinates, and ensure development and engagement of delegates
- Partner with leadership to develop and support metrics to measure efficiencies and profitability
- Guide future direction of automation and technology as well as identify opportunities to enable the business to scale effectively
- Develop cross functional relationships with Product, Development, Go Live, Support, Customer Account Managers, and Sales & Treasury to enhance operational readiness and customer satisfaction
- Cultivate a “People First” culture, where talent acquisition, development and retention are a priority which includes supporting teams with development opportunities, promoting a healthy culture, supporting core company values, and focusing on employee experience through mentoring and coaching team members
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise in communications functional areas as well as understands the customer and partners experience
- Define and implement monthly team processes emphasizing automation and technology driven solutions, internal controls, and balanced workloads
- Effectively lead team through change management as technology, customer, and business needs change
- Management experience with a focus on operations excellence as part of developing, managing, and motivating professional level employees
- Strong knowledge base in indirect tax return compliance processes and business license management, telecommunications taxes a plus
- Strong interest in and aptitude for technology and automation
- Experience working cross-functionally as part of the development and rollout of new products and services
- Track record of delivering projects on time and working under time compressed deadlines
- Strong hands-on approach to developing and implementing operations efficiencies
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of an organization including leaders, managers, and individual contributors
- Demonstrated ability to build trust at all levels of the organization by speaking truthfully, accepting the positions of others, and delivering on commitments
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to explain tax compliance rules to internal and external partners
- Education/Experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree plus 10+ years’ experience
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara’s open positions.
How to ApplyPlease apply directly at https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=o6Vrifwu&s=HERE
257 total views, 0 today