Full-Time Sr. Full Stack Engineer
At Recursion we combine experimental biology, automation, and artificial intelligence to quickly and efficiently identify treatments for human diseases. We are transforming drug discovery into a data science problem and to do that we are building a platform for rapid biological experimentation, data generation, and automated analysis, model training, and prediction.
THE PROBLEMS YOU’LL SOLVE
As a Software Engineer you’ll work closely with Biologists, Automation Scientists, and Data Scientists to build the infrastructure and applications needed to decode human biology and reinvent drug discovery. In this role you will:
- Build a platform for experiment design.
You’ll work with Biologists to create self-service and automated experiment design tools to allow them to focus on what biology they want to do rather than how it will be executed, while ensuring experiments are designed to generate high quality data. You’ll then close the loop by feeding the results of analysis into the next round of experiments.
- Connect our high throughput screening lab with monitoring and downstream analysis.
You’ll consume streaming data from robots, automated liquid handlers, microscopes, and incubators in our lab to monitor successful experiment execution, enable triage of anomalies and errors, and support downstream analysis based on as-executed experiment conditions.
- Build a laboratory information management system
(LIMS) to track reagent inventory and enable just-in-time preparation for execution of prioritized experiments.
- Translate and present the results of experiments and predictive models.
You’ll work with Data Scientists to build data-powered applications that will empower us to prioritize and de-risk potential drugs and get them to patients faster.
- Act as a mentor.
You will share your technical knowledge and experiences, resulting in an increase in their productivity and effectiveness.
THE QUALITIES WE VALUE
We want Software Engineers who think critically and use data to measure results. Rigorous use of the scientific method allows our Software Engineers to quickly understand the critical aspects of the problems we’re trying to solve and whether we’re moving in the right direction.
We want Software Engineers who play well with others. You will collaborate with our Biological, High Throughput Screening, and Data Science teams to help us achieve our mission to discover transformative new treatments. Expect to spend time in the lab as well as the terminal.
- Asking “why?”
We want Software Engineers who aren’t satisfied with the status quo. Our Software Engineers openly discuss the tradeoffs inherent in how we build software, and go beyond the traditional boundaries of engineering teams to enable Recursion to get things done faster, cheaper, and more reliably than in traditional drug discovery.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED
- A solid understanding of computer science fundamentals.
- An ability to be resourceful and collaborative in order to complete large projects. We don’t have much in the way of project managers.
- Ability to get things done by learning and using various tools from the nooks and crannies of software engineering: composing command line tools such as kubectl, jq, and xargs; creating SQL triggers and managing migrations; user experience design; and operational support.
- Adapt your workflow to include or improve your skills in writing tests for your own code as well as automating deployments, logging, metrics collection, and monitoring.
- Biology background is not necessary, but intellectual curiosity is a must!
THE PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY
- Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums (in most cases 100%)
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter) in addition to flexible, generous vacation/sick leave
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Fully-paid gym membership to Metro Fitness, located just feet away from our new headquarters
- Gleaming new 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking
WHAT WE DO
We have raised over $200M to apply machine learning to one of the most unique datasets in existence – over a petabyte of imaging data spanning more than 10 billion cells treated with hundreds of thousands of different biological and chemical perturbations, generated in our own labs – in order to find treatments for hundreds of diseases. Our long term mission is to decode biology to radically improve lives and we want to understand biology so well that we can fix most things that go wrong in our bodies. Our data scientists and machine learning researchers work on some of the most challenging and interesting problems in computational drug discovery, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the deep learning community (Yoshua Bengio is one of our advisors), who help our machine learning team design novel ways of tackling these problems.
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Check out what it is like to work at Recursion here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpOENLieOd8
How to ApplyTHIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH Apply: https://grnh.se/08db6daf1
61 total views, 1 today