Full-Time SQL DBA III
Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Provides support to and maintains multiple SQL Server production and/or non-production databases of significant and/or strategic impact across the enterprise. Responsible for standards and design of physical data storage, maintenance, access and security administration. Primary responsibility is performing SQL database administration and engineering.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Monitors SQL database performance, availability, and capacity.
* Participates in continuous business process redesign to improve internal operations.
* Interfaces with user and application departments remotely and on-site to assist in the implementation of work requests and provide operational support.
* Develops, implements and tests database backup and recovery policies and procedures.
* Performs backup and recovery on SQL Database Management Systems, configures database parameters and prototype designs against logical data models, and defines data repository requirements, data dictionaries and warehousing requirements.
* Optimizes SQL database access and allocates/re-allocates database resources for optimum configuration, database performance and cost.
* Provides status reports that detail issues for escalation to management.
* Performs configuration, scripting, analysis, installation, monitoring, administration and tuning for database management systems.
* May be required to participate in a 24×7 on-call rotation.
* Performs data analysis to provide management with timely and accurate information and predict future requirements
* Creates and maintains documentation for SQL database policies, procedures, and processes.
* Performs/schedules routine maintenance on databases to keep them running at peak performance.
* Troubleshoots issues and recommends solutions for SQL Server Database.
* Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Experience with SQL Database (SQL Server 2008 – SQL Server 2017 preferred)
* Experience with TDE, Log Shipping, SQL Server AlwaysOn, and/or Replication a plus
* Thorough SQL database design and analysis skills
* Experience with database encryption preferred
* Knowledge of SQL and SQL performance and tuning
* Experience with scripting languages such as Powershell or SQL
* Ability to monitor and tune databases and instances
* Ability to maintain and monitor availability, security, and integrity of SQL Server databases
* Knowledge of backup and recovery operations for SQL Server database management systems
* Demonstrated experience with successful system and project implementations
* Ability to adapt to the use of new software tools as they are acquired or adopted within IT
* Focused on production and customer needs
* Knowledge of relational database concepts and terminology
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision
* Must be self-motivated, a team player, and have a strong track record in customer satisfaction
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to learn and apply new skills in a constantly changing technical environment
* Strong problem-solving skills
Database Administrator III
Advanced professional level role. In-depth technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines/processes. Supports multiple services and multiple databases of high complexity (complexity defined by database size, technology used, systems feeds and interfaces) with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of data. Defines and discerns key aspects of problems that require analysis and research, and develops a solution within a broad technical and business context of significant impact within one or more business segments. Works on small to large, varied, and complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments and possesses knowledge in a specific business area. Works on one or more projects as a project team member or often as a project lead. May coach and/or mentor more junior technical staff. Typically requires six (6) or more years of experience working with various database management systems in database d esign, testing, implementation, maintenance and administration in a multiple platform environment.
Black Knight is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and protected veteran or military family status. Our employees’ diversity is our strength, and when we embrace our differences, it makes us better and brighter. Black Knight’s commitment to inclusion is at the core of who we are, and motivates us in how we do business each and every day.
How to ApplyApplication URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=cmZsYWdnLjIzNDIzLjEwNTk0QGJsYWNra25pZ2h0ZmluLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ
15 total views, 1 today