Full-Time Special Events Coordinator
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Center Theatre Group is one of the largest, most influential theatre companies in the country by virtually every measure. Over the past 50 years, it has entertained millions of audience members and produced some of the most important shows of our time, many of which have been World premieres and have gone on to award-winning Broadway runs and beyond. As Center Theatre Group enters its next 50 years, it is uniquely positioned to expand the impact of its work with audiences, community, and artists—while making Los Angeles a global destination for theatre lovers and creators alike.
The Special Events Coordinator plays a primary role in coordinating events that inspire and engage CTG’s donors, and that support CTG’s institutional goals. The position is specifically responsible for the logistics and execution of CTG donor cultivation events, benefit events and opening nights.
• Works closely with Institutional Advancement staff in managing and executing donor cultivation events according to donor giving level.
• Works with Associate Director of Special Events to coordinate Opening Nights for the organization.
• Tracks and maintains event RSVPs maintenance with the support of the Tessitura database, providing regular department updates.
• Works with Advancement Operations team to prepare Event Briefing packets for designated events.
• Support the execution of major fundraising events, including gift administration, assisting with invitation mailings, and other tasks as needed.
• Coordinates Institutional Advancement staffing for all donor events.
• Responsible for maintaining and distributing the Donor Events Calendar on a monthly basis. Regularly checks for scheduling conflicts across the Music Center campus and Los Angeles area.
• Send regular Institutional Advancement Artist Needs memos to update Institutional Advancement, Artistic, and Management staff on requests for artists and follows up on requests accordingly.
• Tracks and manages donated wine for events, and other in-kind donations as needed.
• Works with Advancement Operations team to ensure that printed and digital invitations and other collateral for events are properly proofed, routed through appropriate approval process and meet deadlines.
• Prepares and organizes meetings pertaining to events.
• Processes invoices from event vendors and tracks all event expenses, reporting to the Associate Director of Special Events.
• Regularly attends department, CTG-wide, and other meetings as necessary to perform the functions of the job.
• Ensures that all printed materials are well-written and proofed including but not limited to letters, proposals, invites, mailing lists, reports.
• Evidence good work habits including but not limited to being on time, following CTG workplace policies, arriving prepared for meetings and events, being responsive and following through on all donor, supervisor and staff requests.
• Exhibits appropriate phone, email and in-person etiquette, and responds to phone and email messages in a timely fashion.
• Exhibits a positive attitude in relation with donors and fellow staff.
• Works as a team member with the entire Institutional Advancement staff on all department events and activities, working a minimum of 12 events each year.
• May contribute to donor communications efforts by drafting articles or copy in coordination with the Advancement Operations team.
• Other duties as assigned.
CTG provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties. All employees are expected to be familiar with and adhere to Center Theatre Group’s Personnel Policies and Procedures.
Four years of college from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work history preferred. Two (2)+ years of special events experience, preferably at a non-profit performing arts institution. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications and database systems such as Tessitura. Extremely high attention to detail and strong organizational skills as well as excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are essential. Must be able to easily travel to, within and around a variety of locations, both interior and exterior for meetings, events and other job-related activities in addition to working evenings and weekends. Must be able to effectively and efficiently operate office equipment, including telephones, copiers, fax machines, computers, etc. Must be able to lift and carry 20 pounds (i.e. reports, programs, brochures, etc.) and have own transportation to attend meetings and events off site. The ideal candidate will have the ability to effectively multi-task, shift priorities, meet deadlines, demonstrate exceptional customer service standards and maintain high ethical standards with an interest in theatre arts.
All employees are required to pass a background check.
The position will receive a competitive compensation.
CTG also offers a comprehensive benefits package including retirement plan options; escalating vacation, paid sick, personal days and holidays; and health benefits including medical, dental, vision, flex spending accounts, employee assistance program, and life and long-term disability insurance.
How to ApplyTO APPLY Sell yourself by writing a cover letter that describes why you’re the best person for this job. Send resume and cover letter along with salary desired to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the position title in the subject line of the email. Due to heavy volume of resumes received, emails that do not include the job title in the subject line of the email may not be considered. In your cover letter, please indicate how you became aware of this position, e.g., name of website, current employee, via another source. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. We will contact qualified individuals to set up interviews. Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, ancestry, disability, age, national origin, pregnancy, veteran/military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law. CTG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We support, promote and embrace a diverse workforce.
77 total views, 1 today