Full-Time Special Assistant (SY 19-20)
About Roseville Community Charter School
Founded in 2011, Roseville Community Charter School was created to provide a high quality, college preparatory education to students in the Roseville neighborhood of Newark, NJ. Our mission is to prepare every student for academic excellence while providing a warm, nurturing environment in which all children are supported and thrive. Roseville Community Charter School currently serves 330 students in grades K-4 with plans to expand to K-8 in the future. To learn more about our history and founder, watch our video HERE.
Reporting directly to the Principal and Executive Director, the Special Assistant is responsible for supporting the senior leadership team’s efforts to sustain and grow Roseville Community Charter School. This person will be instrumental in managing short- and long-term strategic activities while providing direct support to the senior leadership team. Our ideal candidate will be an extremely high capacity team player who thrives in ambiguity and quickly translates ideas into action.
The Special Assistant will be responsible for:
• Organizing and support the facilitation of key senior leadership meetings: Maximize meeting time utilization, ensuring meeting objectives are met, on time, and managed to desired outcomes.
• Stakeholder communications and engagement: Work with the Executive Director and Principal to develop materials to communicate, track and oversee a broad spectrum of internal and external communications including instructional protocols, school-wide notifications, policy changes and implementation, etc.
• Coordinating and executing a range of special projects: Work with the Executive Director to develop, execute and manage various strategic projects required to sustain the efforts of a growing school.
• Operational excellence: Work with the Principal to create an optimized back-office function and support the success of all day-to-day work including mail and call management, effective communication workflows, schedule coordination, etc.
• Data Management: With precision, gather and analyze various forms of school and organizational data to support the team’s decision-making processes.
• Proactive problem-solving strategist: Timely escalation and resolution of mission-critical developments in a fast-moving environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required
• 3-5 years of experience in project management, data and analysis and/or executive support preferably in a fast-paced charter school, nonprofit or social impact environment.
• Exemplary communications and interpersonal skills.
• Outstanding project management skills.
• Ability to quickly and efficiently translate ideas into trackable, actionable plans.
• Experience in strategic, creative problem-solving.
• Highly organized and strategic thinker.
• Ability to synthesize research and data into coherent and logical written narrative.
• Highly detailed and team-oriented.
• Ability to produce high-quality work products under tight deadlines.
• Commitment to RCSS’ mission and values, and a passion for K-12 public education.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is competitive, commensurate with experience.
More about the Hiring Process
Roseville Community Charter School is committed to a rigorous hiring process that seeks to identify high-quality staff members. The hiring process at RCCS is designed to communicate the school’s high expectations, determine candidates’ commitment to urban education and high expectations for all students, and to determine each individual’s proclivity to work relentlessly to ensure that students achieve at high levels.
Location & Residency
This role will be based in Newark, NJ and will require residency in New Jersey within 12 months of full-time hire.
Roseville Community Charter School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
How to ApplyClick apply click HERE.
74 total views, 1 today