Full-Time SOUTHWEST UNISERV DIRECTOR
Kansas National Education Association and Southwest UniServ are seeking qualified candidates for the UniServ Director position.
Position Description: The UniServ Director supports KNEA’s strategic focus by developing and coordinating programs to build stronger locals and promote the Association. The Director is responsible for collaborating with local leaders to develop member skills in successful organizing, negotiation, leadership, membership recruitment and retention, goal setting, and program implementation. The Director will assist members in exercising their constitutional, statutory, and contractual rights and provide locals guidance for school redesign. The position offices in Hays, Kansas.
Description of UniServ Unit: Southwest UniServ serves twenty-four (24) counties and more than eight hundred (800) members in the southwest Kansas area. The UniServ includes thirty-two (32) K-12 locals, two (2) special education interlocals, and a community college local.
- Baccalaureate Degree
- Experience as an educator
- Active NEA involvement or staff experience, including K-12 and Higher Education
- Experience with education reform efforts —g., quality mentoring programs, peer assistance/review, alternative compensation
- Knowledge of issues facing K-12 and Higher Education employees
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven capability to work with and facilitate groups of people with varying perspectives
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate groups and individuals managing change
- Interpersonal skills that foster independent and group interaction
- Adept at gathering and articulating information for developing specific strategies
- Skills using various problem-solving techniques, including interest-based
- Established skills using adult learning theory in planning, presentations, and training
- Capability to use available technology for research, presentations, training, and communication
- Ability to prioritize and organize work to ensure the completion of multiple tasks
- Willing and able to work long hours, including evenings and weekends, as necessary
Salary and Fringe Benefits:
- Under the Kansas NEA/Kansas Staff Organization contract
- Salary Range is between $73,900 to $114,900, based upon experience
- Liberal fringe benefits and leave, as provided in the contract
Employment Date: TBD
About KNEA: KNEA’s mission is to advocate for education professionals and unite our members, Kansans, and the nation to fulfill the promise of public education to prepare every student to succeed in a diverse and interdependent world. Our vision is a great public school for every student. Our members include K-12 classroom teachers, higher education employees, support professionals, college students, and retired educators.
KNEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
How to ApplyHow to Apply: Qualified candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and three (3) references to Kevin Scarrow, Associate Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received by October 21, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. CDT.
58 total views, 0 today