Full-Time Software Engineer – Unity for Automotive
Light up Life. At Leia we are working at the forefront of display technology — making screens come to life in richer, deeper, and more beautiful ways. We apply our proprietary nanotechnology to give any display the ability to produce lightfield, immersive “holographic” content — no glasses, no tracking, no fuss.
Through our digital platform LeiaLoft, we also aim to create an environment where developers and artists of the future will bring their creativity to life and deliver breathtaking experiences to the world at large.
Come join a team of passionate scientists, engineers and artists in a beautiful adventure where you will be defining the digital experiences of tomorrow.
As a Unity Software Engineer on the Automotive team, you will be working with technical artists, developers, product managers, and UI/UX designers to develop, prototype, and build scalable automotive applications (i.e. maps, navigation and routing, and concepts for advanced HMI for IVI platform). These applications will run on Leia’s proprietary light field displays.
- Working with designers and developers to quickly iterate on software prototypes
- Transitioning prototypes into scalable code, and maintaining that code throughout the software development lifecycle
- Learn and integrate third party SDKs
- Launch new APIs/features in Leia’s products for Windows and Android
- Working on Unity developer tools, to make the Leia SDK as easy to use as possible
- Writing unit and integration tests, to ensure the stability of the app
- Building scenes that properly function across both Windows and Android devices
- Develop and maintain high-quality UI and tools for authoring high-fidelity cutting edge content
- Work tightly with a cross-discipline team and technical artists to provide highly productive and effective art and content pipelines
- Build and maintain production-quality rendering and content creation workflows
- Invent, extend, and maintain features, workflows, and tools
– Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field, or equivalent experience
– 4-6 years engineering experience (including at least 3 with Unity)
– Strong C# proficiency
– Proficient in application development on mobile devices (Android) and Windows devices
– Familiarity with real-time computer graphics and GPU pipelines
– A thorough understanding of 3D graphics concepts: geometry, transformations, shaders, and pipelines
– Strong collaboration and communication skills
– Strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Experience with low-level graphics APIs, such as OpenGL, Direct3D (11 and/or 12), Vulkan, or Metal
- Solid C++ programming skills including the use of containers, iterators, and templates
- Unity Development for Automotive OEMs or Automotive Tier I and Tier II suppliers
- Experience with modeling tools (Maya, Cinema 4D, Blender, 3DS Max)
- Experience developing UI, tools and workflows using modern approaches and scripting languages
At Leia Inc. we strive to light up life by making everyday more beautiful and meaningful. We are building the future of digital interactions. Leveraging the most recent advances in nanotechnology and intelligent software, we are building an exhaustive technology platform that lets people experience the digital world in a more intuitive and beautiful way. In order to assemble top talent to help realize this mission Leia offers employees:
– A competitive compensation package
– Medical, Dental, and 401(k)
– Catered lunch daily and an office stocked with healthy (and unhealthy) snacks and beverages
– Onsite fitness center
– Easy access to our office from anywhere in the SF Bay Area
Leia Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates are evaluated without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
How to ApplyAPPLY HERE
32 total views, 1 today