Full-Time Software Engineer IV
The Human Resources Research Organization (HumRRO) is a non-profit leader in applied research, evaluation, and analytics in the arenas of employment, student, and military testing, and professional credentialing and licensing. We work with federal and state government agencies, private sector organizations, and professional associations.
About The Organization
As a non-profit, HumRRO is dedicated to work that contributes to science and society. Our employees enjoy a highly collaborative and supportive environment that fosters innovation, ethical practice, and outstanding customer service. Our core operational staff includes Behavioral Science and Educational Research professionals along with IT. Technology is critical part of the work. HumRRO’s software and AI initiatives enable the work and advances the science. We are committed to supporting a diverse workforce and to practicing equity and inclusion for all staff.
About The Job
You will be a senior member of a dynamic software engineering team focused on developing applications and delivering projects that support measuring human capabilities and that advance assessment science and practice. The software we create is a key enabler of the success of the projects. The work involves advancing the platform applications, creating new applications, and supporting client projects. You will provide technical leadership within the software engineering team. At times, you will lead small teams for application development and client projects.
- Work effectively in teams to design and produce high quality code.
- Continuously improve and advance the applications used for testing/assessments, education, training, and industrial/organizational psychology research.
- Analyze and understand user needs or client requests and create requirements in the form of user stories.
- Deliver on client projects the technical aspects such as data transformation, integrations with learning management, applicant tracking, or other systems, and custom applications.
- When an initiative or project requires, lead a small team in the delivery of new features or application enhancements.
- Ensure code and development practices adhere to security requirements.
- Provide technical leadership with proven modern software engineering practices and DevOps by recommending improvements in architecture, engineering best practices, and code conventions.
- Mentor less experienced engineers in building maintainable and reliable software.
- Troubleshoot issues and effectively communicate updates and resolution plans.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or similar or equivalent IT work experience.
- 7+ years of experience in software development of enterprise type systems.
- Experience in object-oriented programming languages such as C# or Java, preferably with experience with both .NET Framework and Core.
- Sound knowledge of SQL and relational databases. Experience with Entity Framework preferred. Experience with NoSQL databases is a plus.
- You strive to build software that is modular, loosely coupled, exhibits high cohesion, has a good separation of concerns, and implements information hiding.
- You care about quality and the user experience.
- Experience with CI/CD process and tools (e.g., Azure DevOps, Git) including unit testing, preferably TDD approach.
- Knowledge and experience in working with Agile/lean frameworks.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
This position will be located at our corporate headquarters in Old Town Alexandria, VA.
U.S. citizenship is required for this position based on government contract requirements.
All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Named one of “50 Great Places to Work” by Washingtonian magazine, 2019, and one of the “Top Workplaces” by The Washington Post for 2020 and 2021.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
How to ApplyFor more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. https://humrro.applicantpool.com/jobs/999434-292344.html
109 total views, 0 today