Full-Time Software Engineer II
Full Time, Permanent Opportunity for Software Engineer II
- (Hybrid, MUST BE LOCAL TO PLANO, TX)
For Priority Consideration, please apply at
Catalyst and Your Career
At Catalyst Corporate Federal Credit Union, our mission is to be a premier innovative corporate credit union, providing exceptional member value in an efficient, safe and sound manner.
To accomplish this, we actively pursue talented individuals capable of making a positive impact on member credit unions, and we do our best to retain these employees. Among the ways we do this are generous benefits, a safe work environment and promotion of a strong work-life balance. We believe in our employees’ success, and the average employee tenure of 14 years suggests that our employees feel the same way!
We look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You’ll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle. This is a hands-on engineer delivering software using all the target state technologies within the organization.
For new development projects this position will work with Senior Engineers who will give architectural guidance and direction on what patterns should be used to solve a problem. You will be expected to apply that direction and create software to meet the business needs as independently as possible using the patterns provided. Understand those patterns and why we are using them so that you can provide feedback on how things can be enhanced or improved.
During planning sessions, provide opinions on design or best practices that could be used to help provide an exceptional product.
This position will support existing applications by adding feature enhancements or providing bug fixes. In these scenarios, there will be discussion on how the application works and what the intent is. You will analyze code to determine how to fix the bug or apply the enhancement in such a way that it adds what is needed without breaking existing functionality.
Start understanding the different business models and the flow of data through the entire ecosystem to know how each piece can change the course of data. This is a vital component to growing troubleshooting skills, planning feature development, and helping other team members.
This position will participate in User Story refinement and estimation sessions to provide input and help grow your knowledge of the SDLC.
This position requires rotational on call support for evenings and weekends. There may be times where other work is needed outside of traditional hours to support system upgrades, large system deployments, or support issues.
The Talent You Bring
The essential requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
- Experience with Microservices Architecture
- Familiar with REST based web APIs utilizing Microservice Architecture
- Familiar with cloud native software development.
- 3+ years of professional experience working as a software developer using C# .NET
- Experience with .Net Core and .Net Framework is desired
- 3+ years of experience with MS SQL Server, including some exposure to developing stored procedures and T-SQL
- Experience working in an Agile Environment using tools for work item tracking
- Develop and update test automation artifacts for unit, integration, and end to end quality validation
- Design and maintain Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and Infrastructure as Code (IAC) artifacts
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and debug software and/or infrastructure
- Model healthy participation in all Agile ceremonies for other team members and drive continuous improvement
- Ability to stay current on ever changing technology and programming paradigms
- Passionate about programming
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Cosmos DB
- Experience with Azure software development
- Familiar with Secure Coding best practices
- Familiar with Certificates
How We’ll Have Your Back
Catalyst Corporate’s compensation structure offers market-competitive base pay. However, Catalyst’s full compensation package is more than just your paycheck and is meant to support and improve your personal and professional life, including:
- Time Away: Federal Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and Parental Leave, as well as time off for volunteering.
- Planning for the Future: 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions.
- Supporting your Health & Well-Being: Flexible health and insurance options, including Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance choices, Long and Short-Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance, as well as a Flexible Spending Account.
- Building a Family: We were named “2021 Best Place for Working Parents” due to our commitment to family-friendly policies and practices.
- Work-Life Integration: Other benefits include credit union membership, a casual work environment, paid covered parking, and an onsite fitness facility with showers. In addition, we also offer access to a variety of onsite services, such as a massage therapist and personal trainer, car wash and detail service, vehicle refueling service, and food delivery service.
Who We Are
Catalyst Corporate Federal Credit Union is a wholesale cooperative financial institution that serves 1,400+ credit unions across the country. Catalyst Corporate provides its members with core financial services and back-office support, including payments, liquidity, investment and balance sheet management solutions. For more information, visit www.catalystcorp.org.
Catalyst Corporate is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
How to Applyhttps://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=8dc4bfd7-b16f-42a6-be8a-cc281606a59d&ccId=19000101_000001&lang=en_US
80 total views, 0 today