Temporary Software Engineer – Fidelity Investments Return-to-Work Program
Software Engineer– Fidelity Investments Return-to-Work Program
reacHIRE is proud to partner with leading financial services corporation Fidelity Investments for a 6 month return-to-work program starting in October 2020 designed for Software Engineering professionals returning to the workforce after a 2+ year career break. Please note candidates who have worked in part-time roles or have done independent contracting will be considered for this opportunity. It is a cohort-based model that allows individuals to re-enter the workforce in a supported way with a group of fellow returning professionals. We provide a one-week intensive onboarding specially designed to build the skills needed to successfully re-enter the workforce. This proven approach fosters camaraderie among colleagues, builds confidence and upgrades technology and professional skills that will be invaluable throughout this next phase of their career.
We are excited to bring return-to-work opportunities in Software Engineering across locations including Research Triangle Park, NC, Westlake, TX, Smithfield, RI and Merrimack, NH.
At reacHIRE, we are committed to safeguarding the health and well-being of our associates, clients, and candidates. In partnership with Fidelity, we are actively monitoring the situation related to COVID-19 and are continuing to hire in order to serve Fidelity’s needs. To ensure your safety as a reacHIRE candidate, we will be relying on virtual interviewing and other digital communications. Our recruiting team is committed to providing the support you need throughout the hiring and onboarding process. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility during this time.
We are currently seeking a qualified, knowledgeable IT Professional to help our company develop, use, and integrate IT systems. S/he will be responsible for resolving technical problems and providing training to users to improve the efficiency value of technology in business.
An ideal candidate would be both highly knowledgeable and customer oriented. S/he would possess technical knowledge in all relevant areas and aptitude for problem-solving to provide business solutions by developing complex or multiple software applications. They demonstrate a proven understanding of the business or function for which the application is designed.
The Purpose of your role
In this role, you will serve as an IT Professional, responsible for the creation of quality web or cloud-based software components that are used by to support Fidelity’s businesses and/or customers. You will work closely with the scrum master, systems analysts, architects, and other developers to design, build, test, and deliver the features that make up Fidelity’s technology experience. You will design and implement technical solutions to achieve business goals for the product offering. You will also be encouraged to provide guidance and mentoring to the other developers within the teams in accordance with your skills and experiences.
The Value you deliver
- Your understanding of the software development process including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution and planning
- Your use of formal methods (traditional structured or Agile/iterative) for delivering new or enhanced applications, identify and communicating systems development processes and developing work associated with the respective phases of the lifecycle
- Your ability to work with varying individuals and groups, both in person and virtually, in a constructive and collaborative manner
- You quickly learn, adapt and thrive to meet the needs of a fast paced, changing environment
- Your ability to communicate effectively with and to influence team members and external groups
- Your desire to be detail-oriented, very responsive and committed to quality
The Expertise we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proven proficiency of previous level skills and responsibilities of relevant job family
- 4+ years development experience. Java preferred, Python or C acceptable
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for technology and can navigate across complex and rapidly changing landscapes.
- Are experienced with the tools of the trade including a variety of modern programming languages and frameworks
The Skills you bring
- Design skills needed to help develop corporate IT systems and networks, ensuring the most effective architecture and functionality.
- Problem solving skills to revise existing systems and suggest improvements.
- Ability to produce concise yet thorough reports within IT and for other teams as needed.
- Analytical skills and ability to solve issues by making timely decisions based on facts, knowledge, experience and judgment.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry developments and trends related to the Information Technology (IT) function
- Experience in Agile methodologies (Kanban, SCRUM)
- Possess knowledge and understanding of object oriented/functional programming (Java, Scala, Python or equivalent)
reacHIRE is changing the trajectory for individuals in the workplace by partnering with forward-thinking companies. Through customized programs tailored to a company’s unique business needs and culture, reacHIRE carefully selects under-the-radar, top talent who voluntarily off-ramped and are ready to on-ramp back into their career. At the end of the program, you may be eligible for full-time or extended contracting work with Fidelity, but it is not guaranteed. reacHIRE will provide 360 degree support along with a dedicated Program Manager to ensure your success every step of the way!
About Fidelity Investments
Fidelity is passionate about making their financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. They are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and cultivating a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects their commitment to their associates. They are proud of their diverse and inclusive work environment where they respect and value their associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
How to ApplyApply here: https://careers-reachire.icims.com/jobs/1145/software-engineer---return-to-work-program/job?mode=view Your resume may not be perfect, but just apply to get started!
412 total views, 7 today