Morning Brew is a media company that covers the business news and narratives shaping our world. The companies, the people, the workplace, the economy — we nerd out on this stuff, and we’re dedicated to helping our audience navigate it all in a way that informs and entertains.
The Morning Brew team is clever, creative, and growing fast. Want in? Read on.
We’re looking for an energetic and experienced Social Media Editor to create social content across Morning Brew’s social handles. The job is perfect for someone who’s obsessed with business news and is knee deep in social media and internet culture.
The ideal candidate is clever, creative, and extremely online. The role demands social media fluency and the ability to create content that feels native to each individual platform. You thrive in a deadline-driven environment and love building big audiences. Also critical: impeccable editorial judgment, excellent writing skills, and a deep understanding of business news, from power players and market movers to the future of work.
This role is primarily responsible for ideating, producing, and posting best-in-class content for Morning Brew’s Twitter and Instagram accounts. You’ll work closely with management and peers to bring strategies to life and, in turn, grow the Brew’s platform presence and user engagement. You should be a natural collaborator who’s comfortable working with a variety of stakeholders across multimedia, editorial, growth, and analytics teams. Organizational and multitasking skills will be key to maintaining publishing workflows, calendars, and schedules.
We have an ambitious roadmap for expansion and the Social Media Editor will be instrumental to our plans by launching new handles, experimenting with new ideas and initiatives, and finding creative ways to meet our content goals. The role is editorial, strategic, and tactical. A bias to action and flexibility are a must.
Experience working in digital media, preferably in a publishing environment, is strongly preferred.
The Social Media Editor will report to the Managing Editor, Social Media.
What you’ll be doing day-to-day:
– Responsible for day-to-day posting for Morning Brew social accounts.
– Creating visual assets for Instagram formats and writing captions.
– Posting Instagram Reels and IGTV videos (some light video editing may be required).
– Writing tweets for Twitter.
– Coordinating on the video publication calendar with the video team and other members of the social team.
– Managing calendars and schedules across multiple accounts.
– Regularly receiving insights and recommendations from content and growth teams and figuring out how to execute in an editorially sound, brand-authentic manner.
What makes you qualified?
– Professional experience in social media production or management
– Professional-level writing skills, the ability to write not just with voice and humor, but succinctly with perfect grammar and punctuation.
– Professional-level proficiency in Photoshop and Canva.
– A background and understanding of business news.
– Experience with social management, analytics, and listing tools such as: SocialFlow, Hootsuite, EchoBox, Dash Hudson, Later, Sprout Social, Sprinklr, Parse.ly
, Chartbeat, CrowdTangle, Google Analytics, NewsWhip, and more.
– Basic video editing skills are a bonus
– A passion for internet culture, memes, trends, and finding new ideas in unusual corners of the internet.
– Attention to detail and a passion for proofreading.
– A drive to work independently and practice good time-management.
– A game-for-anything attitude, a can-do mindset, and the ability to thrive in collaborative environments.
What else are we looking for?
Character and integrity rank pretty high on the list. Our team is guided by our core values:
· Curious – We strive to learn every day through constant questioning and exploration.
· Purposeful – We do everything with the highest level of thoughtfulness, preparation and focus.
· Empathetic – We are good, genuine people who embrace others’ perspectives.
· Challengers – We approach every day with an underdog mentality and are never complacent.
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer.
Unlimited sick and vacation time: And by “unlimited,” we mean absolutely unlimited.
Remote-work friendly: Work from home, work from the office, work from the moon — you decide.
401(k) employer match: We want to help you prepare for the future, now.
Premium healthcare plans: Your health matters!
Work from home stipends: Upgrade your home office on us.
Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We’ll pay for it.
Morning Brew is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that’s representative of our audience.