Full-Time Sexual Health Services Medical Director
This position will pay $111,508.80 – $149,684.31 yearly. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer or Site Medical Director (when hired), the Sexual Health Services Medical Director will provide primary medical care services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide STD-related medical care for adult patients at APLA Health mainly at its Out Here STD testing and treatment facility. On occasion, it may be necessary to provide services at another APLA Health site in Los Angeles.
- Conducts histories and physical exams on patients
- Orders, interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs
- Establishes treatment plans, administers, furnishes or recommends medications in accordance with STD testing and treatment protocols.
- Documents gathered information in medical record as required by policies and completes charting within 48 hours of a clinical encounter
- Participates in chart review and quality assurance activities as part of APLA Health Quality Management Program
- Applies APLA Health PrEP and PEP protocols for qualified patients
- The Sexual Health Medical Director will be expected to see approximately 14 or more patients per full work day. The Sexual Health Medical Director will have one half day of administrative time per week
- May be required to provide other clinical services as needed.
OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED TO MEET BUSINESS NEEDS.
Training and Experience:
Possession of a valid California Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant license with no pending or previous disciplinary action from any state licensing entity. Minimum 1 year experience managing sexual health services and/or primary care patients preferred. Must possess a current DEA license and BLS/CPR certificate. Must be eligible to participate in Medicare, Medi-Cal, F-PACT and other federal health programs. Experience working with electronic health records required, eClinicalWorks preferred. Bilingual English-Spanish preferred.
STD testing and treatment protocols. Aptitude in STD risk assessment and counseling. Experience with HIV post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) and pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) preferred.
On-call duties by phone only are required.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This is primarily an office position that requires only occasional bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and moving of office materials weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires daily use of a personal computer and requires entering, viewing, and revising text and graphics on the computer terminal and on paper.
Be on site for clinic hours between 10:00 am – 7:00 pm Monday through Friday. There may be occasional need to work from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm if providing services at another APLA site. Availability on occasional Saturdays from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm. Total work hours: 40 hours/week
Must possess a valid California driver’s license; proof of auto liability insurance; and have the use of a personal vehicle for work related purposes.
COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster or Medical/ Religious Exemption required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran.
How to ApplyVisit our website at www.aplahealth.org to apply or click the link below: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=71161&clientkey=A5559163F67395E0A2585D2135F98806
38 total views, 1 today