Full-Time Senior Traffic Noise Engineer – NEW HIGHER SALARY!
- Perform highly specialized, complex highway engineering related to traffic noise modeling/reporting and project-specific air quality analyses.
- Assist our Traffic Noise & Air Quality group leader in administering group daily activities and ensuring NCDOT’s compliance with all laws, rules, regulations, and policies relating to traffic noise and abatement.
- Provide traffic noise technical expertise to NCDOT through data collection and analysis using FHWA’s Traffic Noise Model (TNM) computer modeling software, environmental report composition, coordination, and review of work performed by private consulting firms, and consultations with other NCDOT engineers, other agencies, and the public.
- Assist in research and data collection related to emerging technologies and materials (e.g., tire/pavement noise using On-Board Sound Intensity (OBSI) technology).
- Work very independently while interacting with senior engineers and technicians to collect, evaluate, analyze, and tabulate data for inclusion in project environmental documents, engineering designs, and contract documents.
- Substantial experience using the Traffic Noise Model software for traffic noise modeling, including setting up data collection efforts in the field, operating Type I and Type II Sound Level Meters, and using MicroStation, GeoPak, and GIS.
- Understanding of engineering plans, provisions, and specifications relating to traffic noise.
- Experience applying acoustical science and highway engineering principles and practices and providing advice to management regarding noise abatement policy, practices, and protocols relating to highway projects.
- Experience employing State DOT Traffic Noise Policies; State DOT Traffic Noise Manuals; Federal Highway Administration regulations related to traffic noise, abatement; other Federal Highway Administration regulations related to highway planning, design and construction; federal/state laws related to environmental matters; and the organization and operation of State DOTs and FHWA.
- Experience and skills developing concise and precise technical documents, correspondence, and verbal contacts to communicate with citizens and others clearly, accurately and courteously.
- Experience managing contracts, reviewing scopes of work, estimating labor costs, negotiating fees, and directing work of others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, and
- 4+ years of progressive technician experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Management prefers candidates with experience with USEPA’s MOVES model and with project-specific air quality analysis.
- You will have occasional overnight travel.
- We may require registration as a professional engineer with the NC Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors.
How to ApplyYou MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/ym3whx6x
49 total views, 0 today