Full-Time Senior Technical Writer
Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
THIS POSITION CAN BE LOCATED IN PORTLAND (OR), CINCINNATI (OH) OR HOUSTON (TX)
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Responsible for gathering data from multiple sources to create management reports. Collaborates with business partners, clients and customers to determine data requirements and develop reports. Ensures all data is accurately conveyed in an appropriate format.
Black Knight is looking for an expert Technical Writer to take our documentation and training materials to the next level. As a Technical Writer for Black Knight’s eLending team, you’ll craft guides, online help, web articles, FAQs, online training courses, and emails to help keep our clients informed and productive. You’ll work with partners to make sure content is accurate, current, and attractive. Your writing should be clear and simple. You know how to collaborate with a range of stakeholders and to suggest ways to improve content and processes. You can drive multiple content projects and communicate status proactively.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Researches, writes, edits and proofreads a variety of internal and client facing documentation and training mat erials.
* Assists in establishing style guidelines and standards to meet business needs.
* Ensures that planned content is complete and accurate by reviewing requirements, designs, demos, and collaborating with product, development, and client support teams. Also, updates all existing content as needed.
* Assists in creating content project plans.
* Publishes regular status reports.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline or equivalent work experience
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Exceptional writing, editing, formatting, collaboration, and communication skills
* Ability to juggle multiple projects on tigh t timelines
* Experience collaborating with writers, visual designers, and domain experts
* Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely
* Curiosity and a passion to learn and improve
* Basic understanding of banking and mortgage industries preferred
* Working knowledge of MadCap and Captivate (or the demonstrated ability to learn quickly)
Technical Report Writer III
Advanced professional level role. Requires in-depth knowledge and proficiency in data extraction and reporting techniques and in the use of database and report-writing tools and platforms. Designs, develops and supports database reports of high complexity within a broad technical and/or business context of significant or strategic impact. Works on varied, highly complex projects that require expertise in multiple technical environments and specific business area(s ). Recognized as a knowledgeable resource internally and may provide strategic direction, guidance and integration of products and services. Works on multiple projects concurrently as a project team member or often as a project lead. May coach and/or mentor more junior technical staff. Typically requires seven (7) or more years of related work experience in DBMS support and/or analysis, software application development, or report writing using appropriate tools and platforms (e.g., SQL, Crystal Reports, etc.) and three (3) or more years of work experience designing and creating highly complex database reports.
Black Knight is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and protected veteran or military family status. Our employees’ diversity is our strength, and when we embrace our differences, it makes us better and brighter. Black Knight’s commitment to inclusion is at the core of who we are, and motivates us in how we do business each and every day.
How to ApplyApplication URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c2ZyaWVkZXJpY2guODQyODUuMTA1OTRAYmxhY2trbmlnaHRmaW4uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t
80 total views, 1 today