Full-Time Senior Systems Engineer
Salary Range: $6,413 – $9,705 Monthly
Location: Salem, OR / Remote
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA) has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Systems Engineer to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
This posting is open until filled. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible, as the posting may be taken down at any time.
The work of this role may be conducted remotely with full access to the needed operating systems and technology.
The Office of Information Service’s mission is to deliver technology solutions and services that support Oregon Health Authority and Oregon Department of Health Services in helping Oregonians achieve health, well-being, and independence.
More information about the Office of Information Services and current job opportunities can be found here
The Oregon Health Authority is committed to:
- Eliminating health inequities in Oregon by 2030
- Becoming an anti-racist organization
- Developing and promoting culturally and linguistically appropriate programs,
- Developing and retaining a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that represents the diversity, cultures, strengths, and values of the people of Oregon.
- Click here to learn more about OHA’s mission, vision, and core values.
This is a full-time permanent opportunity for anyone to apply. This position is a classified position represented by a union.
This position falls under the Information Systems Specialist 8 classification.
What’s in it for you?
- Medical, vision, and dental benefits
- 11 paid holidays
- 8 hours of vacation per month, eligible to be used after 6 months of service
- 8 hours of sick leave per month, eligible to be used as accrued
- 24 hours of personal business leave per fiscal year, eligible to be used after 6 months of service
- Pension and retirement programs
- Opportunity to potentially receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
- Continuous growth and development opportunities
- Opportunities to serve your community and make an impact through meaningful work
- A healthy work/life balance, including fulltime remote options as well
What you will do!
This position provides technical leadership to the SDD Mainframe team and consultative support for future modernization. This position serves as Senior Systems analyst for multiple applications and systems. The Senior Systems Analyst works with customers to define and translate business requirements into technical requirements in the creation of application systems. The Senior Systems Analyst analyzes, designs, develops, tests and implements application systems, as well as maintaining existing systems. The Senior Systems Analyst is responsible for adherence to current documentation requirements as applicable.
The Senior Analyst directs and coordinates all levels of the data and process modeling, work process, user interface design, and technological infrastructure design. The Senior Systems Analyst mentors and supports the other members of the team in their various roles and responsibilities. If the team includes contract staff or temporary staff, the Senior Systems Analyst is responsible for providing quality assurance and oversight for contractors or temporary staff.
What we are looking for!
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: (Please clearly outline how you meet the minimum requirements in your application/resume/cover letter. Failure to do so might disqualify you from consideration)
(a) Seven (7) years of related Mainframe Technologies experience.
(b) An Associate’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND 5 years of Mainframe Technologies experience.
(c) A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND three (3) years of Mainframe Technologies experience.
(d) Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND one (1) year of related Mainframe Technologies experience.
- Current knowledge of industry best practices and trends in the field of systems architecture.
- Mastery of concepts, methodologies, techniques and tools of system development, and have in-depth knowledge of them.
- Ability to select, and adapt where necessary, those which are appropriate and support their use by a team, and participate in the advancement of systems delivery concepts, methodologies, techniques, and tools.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to work with and facilitate diverse groups and individuals.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and the ability to analyze complex procedures, processes and policies.
- Project management experience is an asset to this position.
- Knowledge of relational database structures; design and development of high volume, complex systems; estimating resources and schedules for complex system development efforts.
- Experience in object-oriented design.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture (SO).
- Knowledge of EA frameworks.
- Experience with web-based systems.
- Experience with computer-related modeling.
- Experience with legacy mainframe systems.
How to ApplyPlease apply at the following link – https://oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/SOR_External_Career_Site/job/Salem--OHA--Fairview-Industrial-Drive-3991/Senior-Systems-Engineer--Information-Systems-Specialist-8--Remote-and-hybrid-work-options_REQ-133612 Close Date: 8/24/2023 (Open until filled) The Oregon Health Authority is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to workforce diversity.
59 total views, 1 today