Full-Time Senior Specialist, Operational Risk
Senior Specialist, Operational Risk
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
Senior Specialist, Line of Business Risk
Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world’s top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the “bank of banks” – 97% of the world’s top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we’re approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
We’re seeking a future team member for the role of Senior Principal, Line of Business Risk to join our Operational Risk team. This role is located in Pittsburgh, PA – HYBRID.
In this role, you’ll make an impact in the following ways:
- Contributes to the ongoing independent oversight and challenge of day-to-day risk management activities, client, product and process change risk assessments and risk reporting for an assigned business line/entity risk facing a moderate level of risk.
- Advises and assist the assigned business line with the evaluation of their existing processes and uses knowledge of risks that commonly arise to appropriately direct the business line’s activities to address any control gaps.
- Contributes to the assigned business unit’s compliance with the Operational Risk Management Framework by assessing risks, identifying emerging issues, assisting with the development of processes and controls to manage risks, monitoring the adequacy and effectiveness of the control environment, monitoring and challenging business activities and increasing business line awareness of the risk management framework.
- Independently develops reporting on outputs of risk management activities completed. All reporting adheres to established CORM policies and procedures.
- Continues to build working relationships with the Risk Management, Compliance and Audit teams and members of the business line team to increase the likelihood of timely completion of risk-related deliverables, issue resolution and implementation of improvements.
To be successful in this role, we’re seeking the following:
- Bachelor‘s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 7-10 years of total work experience preferred.
How to Applyhttps://bnymellon.eightfold.ai/careers?query=40190&pid=15954358&domain=bnymellon.com&sort_by=relevance&triggerGoButton=false
31 total views, 1 today