Full-Time Senior Specialist, Broker-Dealer Credit Risk
Credit Risk within our Broker-Dealer channel sets the standards for dealing with unprecedented, complex, or intricate issues regarding prospect needs, priorities, compliance, regulations, and so forth. We are the team that reviews and approves credit limits and exceptions ensuring the firm is protected by making risk-based decisions.
- Responsible for credit review of a portfolio of broker dealer clients, with an emphasis on securities clearance, securities finance transactions and other markets activities as well as lending.
- Recommend and approve limits for trading and financing activities. Oversee analysis work of more junior professionals for thoroughness and accuracy.
- Monitor overall securities industry and identify existing risks and implement solutions where needed.
- Work closely with lines of business in onboarding new business opportunities.
- Work closely with the trading desks to understand client activity
- Interact frequently with senior Credit Management team and lead credit presentations.
- Other normal day to day responsibilities may include: assist IT department on developing Risk Reporting and other systems development; attend meetings with Regulators and make presentations as appropriate; create or revise Credit Policies and Procedures; attend, contribute to and assert influence during meetings with clients, other banks, multi-bank credit facilities and senior peers within the industry; approve and oversee a large quantity of highly complex credit processing and assessment activities.
- Manages and provides input on the Credit Risk’s policies and procedures. Interpret and analyze regulatory requirements that require new or revisions to policy. Contributes to the completion of credit reviews or credit submissions and other related activities and operations for the various credit portfolios. Contributes to the preparation of credit proposals, preparing documentation and financial spreads. Expertly uses credit systems such as the credit borrower rating system and credit approval system. Resolves complex system issues and frequently provides input on credit system best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, or related discipline is required
- 5 years of total work experience is required
- 2 years’ experience in risk, compliance, internal audit, or 1LoD is required
- Prior experience supporting broker-dealer risk initiatives is needed
- Prior experience/background in credit risk necessary
- MBA, or a graduate degree in a similar or related field is preferred
- 7+ years or more of total work experience is preferred
- 5 years’ experience supporting Broker-Dealer risk initiatives is preferred
- Series 7 & 24 preferred, but not required
How to Applyhttps://bnymellon.eightfold.ai/careers?query=24743&pid=12711933&domain=bnymellon.com&triggerGoButton=true
248 total views, 0 today