Full-Time Senior Specialist Accountant
Senior Specialist Accountant
Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world’s top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the “bank of banks” – 97% of the world’s top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we’re approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
We’re seeking a future team member for the role of Senior Specialist Tax Accountant to join our UK Legal Entity Controllers team. This role is located in Manchester, Hybrid.
In this role, you’ll make an impact in the following ways:
- This is an ideal role for a qualified accountant with at least 2 years post qualification experience and an interest in tax accounting. The UK LEC team have adopted a centralised approach to tax accounting such that this role manages the process for each of BNY Mellon’s 30+ UK banking and asset management entities. The role is part of the Legal Entity Controller team, acting as a contact point between the team and key stakeholders including the Tax team, US Finance, and the external auditors.
- The Senior Specialist Accountant, with training and support from the Tax team, will become a subject matter expert in the requirements for both UK corporation tax and VAT accounting and reporting. They should have a broad range of experience in general accounting process activities. They should be able to understand the tax accounting flows of the UK entities, maintaining a robust control environment and providing high quality reporting to stakeholders. In co-operation with the Tax team, they will be responsible for ensuring compliant tax accounting processes in accordance with IFRS and US GAAP requirements and that the associated general ledger tax account balances are complete and accurate.
- The role looks to drive efficiency, standardisation and a robust control environment for tax accounting and associated statutory and regulatory reporting implications. This includes maintenance of controls documentation for processes such as Sarbanes Oxley. The candidate will also ensure the efficient operation of routines which identify risks to the process and that the key controls mitigating those risks are operating effectively.
- The successful candidate could develop their career into either a more traditional Legal Entity Controller role or as a Tax specialist, benefitting from further professional tax qualification opportunities which the team could support, although this is not a requirement for the role.
To be successful in this role, we’re seeking the following:
Qualifications and experience
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent) with relevant years post qualification experience.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge, particularly IFRS and US GAAP.
- Work experience as a Tax Accountant beneficial, but not required.
- Oracle Cloud experience desirable, but not required.
- Experience of the OneSource Tax Provision system desirable, but not required.
- Excellent PC skills (MS Excel in particular).
- Experience of a fast moving, highly controlled, multi-national / functional organisation.
- Adaptable, flexible and proactive.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish and develop effective relationships.
- Good decision maker, responsible and accountable.
- Deadline driven with effective time management skills.
- Stakeholder orientated and results focused.
- Highly motivated, fast learning, proactive, with an ability for problem solving.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here’s a few of our awards:
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg’s Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Disability: IN – 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP’s Climate Change ‘A List’
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life’s journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
How to ApplyPlease submit application to - email@example.com
35 total views, 1 today