Full-Time Senior Software Engineer
GetUpside helps businesses grow and people save by driving customers to nearby businesses with personalized cash back offers. We’re driving new customers to local businesses (more than 5,000 businesses across 13 states have made $10+ million in profit through GetUpside). We’re putting cash back in consumers’ pockets (more than $7 million cash back earned).
In the end, we want to help local businesses get what they need (customers) and consumers get what they need (gas, groceries, you name it) for less. GetUpside is growing rapidly, with 17x growth in transaction volume in 2018 and we’re driving hundreds of millions of dollars of commerce a year.
We’re a DC-based startup founded in 2016 and made up of a great collection of people from companies like Google, Opower, Washington Post, MasterCard, Capital One, and LivingSocial. We recently closed our second round of funding and are well-funded by a great group of investors who care about our company, our mission, and our team’s success.
Meet GetUpside Engineering:
The engineering team at GetUpside is a close-knit group of talented, fast-learning individuals that believes in our mission to help communities thrive. We believe in a data-driven approach to decision-making and a supportive culture that emphasizes learning from our mistakes. We debate and deliberate on the best ideas to improve our tech stack, and strive for an inclusive atmosphere that champions the psychological wellness of all of our teammates.
Our technology stack:
– AWS to run our microservices in a message-oriented-architecture
– Java 8 / Dropwizard / 12-factor apps
– Python 3 / Serverless AWS Lambdas
– MySQL & DynamoDB
– S3 & Athena
– Jenkins / Github / Terraform
What will you do?:
– You will work in a team of 2-3 engineers and a product manager on our larger projects and sometimes individually on smaller, bite-sized improvements.
– You will deliver new product features in support of our mobile apps for users and web dashboards for merchants and improve our existing products’ ability to scale with increased user and merchant demand.
– You will build Java REST services to act in concert with our AWS-based message-oriented architecture and also build Python “glue” logic, deployed on AWS Lambda using the Serverless framework.
– You will identify, design, lead and/or contribute to anything and everything that needs to get done.
What do you bring?:
– You have previous experience working on back-end jobs and services in Java
– You have strong analytical, organizational, and prioritization skills.
– You demonstrate ability to bring code from whiteboard scribbles to running in production.
– You are passionate about working in a dynamic and growing startup environment with a tight-knit, supportive engineering team that strives to make work interesting, challenging and fun.
– You have a constant desire for learning and self-improvement.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Relocation Assistance Available.
How to ApplyPlease apply via company website: https://www.getupside.com/careers/?gh_jid=4486367002 Or, feel free to email me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
23 total views, 1 today