Full-Time Senior Scrum Master
Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
The Senior Scrum Master is responsible for driving software development activities using the Scaled Agile (SAFe) framework. The individual in this role facilitates team level processes, oversees execution, escalates impediments so the team can reach its goals, coordinates as needed with other scrum teams, and communicates status and progress to the Agile Release Train (ART) and Black Knight leadership team.
The Senior Scrum Master’s duties may be focused on:
* Delivery of new or upgraded products and/or services to improve customer satisfaction using technology, which may include customizations to base products to meet client requirements, system integration with other Black Knight or third-party products, or consulting projects and engagements.
* Internal information system-specific projects that may involve the development or enhancement of internal applications, technology integration, and/or infrastructure environment build-out
* Delivery by service teams for outsourced solutions to external clients
This role typically involves extensive interactions with product development, sales, client relationship teams, technology solutions, service delivery and/or other cross-functional teams. May work at client sites from time to time.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Exhibits Lean Agile leadership and advocates for the SAFe methodology
* Builds a high performing team
* Acts as a servant leader to the team, driving the team to coordinate activities and tasks to meet iteration goals
* Ensures work items are tracked and visibility maintained for the team and ART via program boards and other information radiators.
* Facilitates team level ceremonies (sprint planning, daily standups, refinements, review, retrospectives), meetings and events to support the delivery of business value. Coordinates team preparation for ART launches and ART events.
* Prepares content for and facilitates Program Increment Planning Events.
* Eliminates impediments to team progress
* Identifies, classifies, mitigates, and properly escalates risks.
* Works with technology and business to ensure strategy and execution alignment.
* Ensures Scrum teams are practicing and following core Agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, continuous improvement, transparency and empiricism.
* Generates reports and metrics to assess progress and performance
* Reports status to Portfolio Program Management and Release management functions in support of related activities.
* Communicates ART and team progress/status to Black Knight leadership team as needed.
* Ensures requirements for internal technology projects align to operational standards. Develops alternate requirements or document exceptions as appropriate.
* Works with the Product Owner (PO) to ensure product backlog Features, User Stories and Tasks are prioritized by the PO and maintained by the team at all times.
* Interfaces with external clients or field- based employees on technical matters as needed.
* May manage the integration of vendor/subcontractor tasks, and track and review vendor/subcontractor deliverables, if appropriate.
* Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical teams, in internal organizations and vendor/subcontractor organizations, to ensure all targets and requirements are met.
* Leads the team efforts in relentless improvement
* Promotes SAFe quality practices
* Provides performance feedback and coaching to the team and less experienced Scrum Masters
* Facilitates quarterly team level maturity assessments as of part of continuous improvement
* Enables organizational effectiveness by identifying process gaps or areas for improvement, recommending and implementing solutions.
* Delivers informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups in Black Knight and/or in client organizations.
* Some travel may be required.
* Performs additional related duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. SAFe Scrum Master Certification is required.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Experience working as a Scrum Master or Program Manager required
* At least one additional Agile Certification is a plus for this position (e.g. Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), Scaled Agile Framework Practitioner (SAFe-SP), Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), or other similar Agile certifications)
* A strong technical background is required to manage technical projects and handle competing interests.
* Technical knowledge of Cloud, DevOps and CICD is a plus.
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
* Subject matter expert in Scaled Agile practices, adequately trained and knowledgeable in the agile work management standards, activities and key metrics required at the team level
* Experience managing deliverables and generating team reports and metrics
* SAFe Scrum Master training and certification
* Servant leader focused on delivering value and continuous improvement
* Ability to work with all levels of organizations and various personalities to keep teams focused on delivery
* Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies and different Agile frameworks (XP, Kanban, LeSS, SAFe)
* Skilled with various Agile tools a plus (i.e. Rally, Jira, Version One Confluence, Agile Central, TFS)
* In depth Agile knowledge with the ability to coach others on Agile practices and principles
* Experience as a Coach or Scrum Master for multiple distributed teams both on and offshore a plus
* Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry
* Previous hands on experience with application development and support, as well as banking and/or financial services experience preferred.
* Advanced skill in the use of project management software to manage projects (e.g., MS Project)
* Skill in the use of negotiation techniques to reach agreement when there are widely differing viewpoints
* Demonstrated ability to drive results through collaboration
* Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management and time management skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to interact effectively with executive level clients
* Ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and build high morale among team members
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and carry out assignments that are sensitive in nature
Project Manager IV – Technical
Expert/lead role. Expert knowledge of project management and advanced technical knowledge. Works on complex assignments that involve a high degree of risk, impacts to business unit performance and makes use of the individual’s high level of knowledge within the technical project management specialty. May coach and/or mentor more junior project management and support staff. Generally manages very large projects or medium client programs (i.e., approximately 30,000 to 100,000 project hours with a team of 60 to 150 team members, an internal cost of
$3,000,000 to more than $5,000,000, and a project duration of 6 to 18 months) of high risk, high complexity, high client and/or Black Knight visibility, and the relationship is strategic to the Black Knight portfolio. Works without supervision on the most complex projects. Complete latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires more than ten (10) years of work experience managing technical projects in financial services or a related industry OR in a related technical field (e.g., application development, technology integration, business analysis, client technology consulting) OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Black Knight is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and protected veteran or military family status. Our employees’ diversity is our strength, and when we embrace our differences, it makes us better and brighter. Black Knight’s commitment to inclusion is at the core of who we are, and motivates us in how we do business each and every day.
How to ApplyApplication URL: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWdvdWxldHRlLjk3NDY4LjEwNTk0QGJsYWNra25pZ2h0ZmluLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ
66 total views, 3 today