Full-Time Senior Science Support Administrator
Salary – £29,733 to £31,533 Depending on experience
12-month Fixed Term and Full Time (37 hours) with hybrid working 50/50
Closing Date: Fri, 15th Sept 2023. We reserve the right to close this advert early if we find the right candidate, so we encourage you to apply early.
UKCEH is looking for an experienced Senior Science Support Administrator to join our 600-strong team, contributing to scientific discovery and generating the data, insights and solutions that researchers, businesses and governments need to solve complex environmental challenges.
Working at UKCEH is rewarding. Our science makes a real difference, enabling people and the environment to prosper, and enriching society. We are the custodians of a wealth of environmental data, collected by UKCEH and its predecessors over the course of more than 60 years.
As a valued member of our team, you’ll get:
- 27 days annual leave, rising to 29 days after five years
- 10% employer pension contribution
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- 24 hour, 365-day access to support with physical, mental, social, health or financial issues
- Flexible working opportunities
- And much more.
We are looking for a proactive and collaborative administrator, with experience of supporting senior management and able to build good working relationships across a wide range of stakeholders. If you are flexible, have a positive attitude and can manage varied responsibilities, we would love to hear from you!
You’ll be joining the Environmental Data Science (EDS) Group to provide direct support to the Group Leader, Susannah Rennie, who has responsibility for the management and leadership of over 30 EDS staff located in Lancaster. You’ll also be supporting the EDS management team, who manage sub-groups within EDS across data science, DevOps, the Environmental Information Data Centre, and software systems architecture.
You’ll be joining a leading independent, not-for-profit research institute that’s committed to recruiting talented people like you, progressing your career and giving you the support you need to thrive at UKCEH.
Your main responsibilities will include:
Direct support to the Group Leader (50%)
- Confidential Diary/Email management
- Coordinating events/meeting arrangements (on-site or at external locations)
- Liaising with a wide range of stakeholders, including across disciplines
- Organising UK and international travel arrangements
- Assisting with preparing/submitting expense claims
- Collating/maintaining EDS documentation and dissemination of corporate information
- General administrative support e.g., general enquiries, mail, email, photocopying, filing, archiving, populating corporate databases, maintaining intranet/SharePoint pages
Support to EDS management team and the wider group (50%)
- Providing project management support and secretarial duties for meetings, with occasional minute taking
- Personnel administration – coordinating arrangements for interviews and local inductions, maintaining local records of staffing changes
- Organising events on site/other UKCEH sites/external venues, working collaboratively and closely with the Pollution science area support staff, as well as with our Workplace Team, IT Team, and other support staff: including setting up meeting rooms, refreshments, tele/video conferencing facilities, and coordinating visitor arrangements etc.
- Supporting staff to book unusual/complex travel arrangements using our travel management system (training will be given)
- Procurement and managing a corporate credit card, for agreed science area spend
For the role of Senior Science Support Administrator, we’re looking for somebody who:
- Has 5 GCSEs at A-C (7-9) including Mathematics and English language (or equivalent experience)
- Understands Data Protection – Experience working with a high volume of sensitive/confidential data with attention to detail and accuracy
- Has enthusiasm and ability to work as part of a dynamic team, participating actively in cross site networking meetings
- Is a confident and professional communicator, building good working relationships across a range of stakeholders, with good negotiating and networking skills
- Has excellent organisational and time management skills
- Is flexible – a willingness to take on a variety of tasks, commensurate with the grade
- Has the ability to signpost staff to appropriate guidance/processes, a willingness to train staff on company systems and processes
- Has proven ability and aptitude to learn new systems and processes and to feed into continuous improvement
- Is numerate
- Is dedicated to delivering quality support
If we’ve just described you, we’d love to meet. Apply now.
How to ApplySenior Science Support Administrator JR1037
131 total views, 6 today