Full-Time Senior Research Associate
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Research Associate to join our team!
How You’ll Contribute
- Method optimization, incl. molecular biology and overall workflow, NGS library prep, nucleic acid amplification, development of imaging assays
- Independently executes various molecular biology assays and experiments
- Independently collects and analyzes data; communicates findings to scientific teams
- Spends most of their working hours in the lab (90% lab work, 10% desk work)
- Works in a multidisciplinary environment comprising biochemists, molecular biologists, and engineers to drive toward company goals
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- BS or MS degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, biophysics, chemistry, or a closely related field.
- BS plus 3+ years or an MS plus 2+ years of hands-on experience working in a molbio wet lab environment post-graduation is a must.
- Proficient and comfortable with the safe use of common molecular biology lab equipment.
- Highly organized and has outstanding time/operation management abilities. Follows protocols and experimental instruction in greatest detail. Excellent communicator.
- Fast learner with a strong sense of urgency, a can-do attitude. Loves and thrives in a fast paced and demanding startup environment.
- Must adhere to company guidelines & policies, this includes safety, environmental, and COVID related matters.
- Biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge with microscopy is preferred.
We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.
How to Applyhttps://grnh.se/d0a958394us
198 total views, 0 today