Full-Time Senior Regulatory Reporting Capital Accountant
The Regulatory Reporting Production Specialist will be responsible for the production of regulatory submissions for Belgium, including both external and internal monitoring deliverables.
The Belgium regulatory reporting team are part of the EMEA Finance Professional Services Centre (FPSC), which is a team of finance professionals based in Manchester, which provides excellent financial services to the EMEA Controllers group of BNY Mellon. EMEA Controllers is a specialist function responsible for the books and records of the EMEA legal entities, regulatory & statutory reporting and ensuring a robust control environment. It is part of the EMEA Finance department, which consists finance professionals spread across EMEA, plus offshore support in Chennai. The Regulatory Reporting Production team is the largest team within the EMEA Finance Professional Services Centre responsible for producing internal and external regulatory reporting returns across multiple EMEA locations.
This role will be responsible for the production of regulatory deliverables for the Belgian Bank and it’s branches, working with the Finance Controllers, Risk, Compliance and various functions across EMEA. Whilst the production of the delegated deliverables is the responsibility of this role, the overall oversight and accountability will remain with the relevant Finance Controller in each location.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Reporting – produce or review the production of high quality regulatory returns, analytics and MI in a timely fashion, ensuring that the EMEA region meets reporting deadlines and quality expectations.
- Oversight & Controls – maintain a strong operational control environment with well-evidenced reviews, checklists and procedures. Where deficiencies are identified, the jobholder will be responsible for designing and implementing a new control.
- Stakeholder management – Work with market centre financial controller owners across the EMEA regions and other business areas particularly Risk, Compliance, Legal, Business Finance and business management in the production of regulatory returns and advisory work. Where the Regulatory Reporting Production Manager is unavailable, to act as first point of contact to Market centre and manage escalations in accordance with the Regulatory Reporting operating Model.
- Knowledge – Stay abreast of legislative and regulatory developments, as well as maintain their knowledge of External Reporting requirements and procedures. Help junior colleagues build their abilities through knowledge share / training.
- Other – assist with the provision of regulatory support for relevant projects e.g. new regulatory reporting production requirements and platform migration, legal entity restructuring and new branches, new business start-ups and product launches. Perform other functions as required from time-to-time.
The Regulatory Reporting Production Specialist will be required to work closely with the following stakeholder teams:
• Finance Controllers
• Risk and Compliance functions
• Business units
• Legal team
- Fully Qualified Accountant — ACCA/ACA/CIMA/CPA Full Accreditation or with an equivalent level of experience preferable
- Regulatory Reporting experience preferable
- Experience of working with large, complex datasets to produce high quality, well controlled outputs is essential
- Process improvement, change management and controls experience in a complex global environment
- Significant experience of accounting systems and processes (e.g. advanced user of excel)
- Organized and structured working methodology, attention to detail and highly motivated
- Experience of a fast moving, highly controlled, multi-national/ functional organization
How to Applyhttps://bnymellon.eightfold.ai/careers/job?domain=bnymellon.com&query=24051&pid=12611776
161 total views, 0 today