Full-Time Senior Project Manager
Who We Are
At OAC, we do what we love in the service of people who love what we do. This means that we have many different disciplines with one common goal: to serve our clients and communities as trusted partners while focusing on how design and construction can improve all aspects of the built environment. To accomplish this, we focus on hiring professionals who are experts in their fields, inspire others, enjoy sharing knowledge, and see collaboration as not only an asset, but a necessity. If you are passionate about your work and would like to work in a positive, energized environment, then you’ll find a home with us!
About the Role
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for the overall accountability and success of a project by leading the project team(s) to complete a client project within the client’s expectations, budget, and schedule. This position is also responsible for project and construction management; client representation; marketing professional services, building relationships with all key stakeholders, fiscal management, and personnel management; including communication, development, teaming, decision making, organization/dissemination of information, delegating, teaching, modeling, and empowering their direct reports to learn and grow.
Responsibilities & Expectations
Construction Documents & Contracts
- Guide design development and construction through the applicable funding requirements and government processes at federal, state and local levels.
- Guide design development through applicable sustainability reviews or building certification preparations to meet project/client requirements.
- Maintain knowledge of the contractual service requirements between the Client, General Contractor, Designers, and Consultants.
- Maintain knowledge of the contractual service commitments between OAC and the Client.
- Lead or assist with creation and validation of pro-forma documentation (as appropriate).
- Assist with negotiation and execution of OAC contracts.
- Assist with development of RFP responses.
- Lead or guide procurement, design, construction administration, and closeout as applicable.
Internal Project Controls
- Contribute and own the development of program processes and tools that facilitate consistency and quality execution across the project/program.
- Responsible for input and updates into internal data management systems.
- Perform quality control on the project throughout development to maintain expected standards.
- Overall accountability for the planning, design, permitting, construction, and turnover of construction projects.
- Deliver projects on-time, within budget, and to mutually agreed upon expectations.
- Lead or assist with developing and accessing procurement strategies and delivery of FF&E or other segments of the client’s budget.
- Adjust schedules and targets on the project as needs or financing for the project change.
- Develop or advise on development of warranty strategies program wide.
- Manage project programs and portfolios.
- Lead or assist with development and management of overall project budget, as appropriate to meet client’s requirements.
- Develop and mentor staff as appropriate or assigned.
- Directly supervise and review the performance of employees or consultants if applicable or as assigned.
- Facilitate involvement of the project’s key stakeholders at appropriate levels and times.
- Facilitate and reconcile differences using conflict resolution techniques.
- Monitor performance of self, individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Motivate, develop, and direct teams.
- Lead or assist client in determining appropriate team and team structure for the project.
- Lead or provide support in site selection analysis and decision making.
- Assist client to develop project/program requirements around sustainability and develop strategies to deliver.
- Develop, coordinate, and facilitate hand-off of the facility to client’s operations personnel.
- Support client’s project administrative needs as appropriate.
- Travel to various client sites, meetings, etc. at least once a month or more.
- Participate in business development, industry events, active in committees or industry groups.
- Lead/facilitate proposal interviews in pursuit of new projects or accounts.
- Develop client relationships.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, Engineering, Architecture, or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum seven years’ project and construction management experience or equivalent required.
- Experience with progressive design-build or other alternative project delivery methods preferred.
- Experience with phase, tenant improvement construction projects preferred.
- Three years’ experience in management of professional staff and internal teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, communication, and presentation skills.
- Experience in project management of multiple, overlapping, and coordinated projects.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, with high proficiency with Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, and Excel required.
- Experience with proprietary project management software required Microsoft Project experience preferred.
- Experience with Construction Software including Bluebeam required.
- Professional accreditation or certification preferred. Examples include: PMP, LEED, AIA, PE, GCCM, DBIA.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment.
- Must be able to pass motor vehicle record check and comply with our motor vehicle policy.
Why Work for Us
At OAC we know we are not perfect; therefore, we are committed to continually looking for ways to grow and improve. We are committed to being known as a “best place to work”; in fact, it’s a strategic goal of ours that we are consistently analyzing and working on. We are dedicated to improving the health, well-being, and sense of belonging for all our employees, and we are committed to make better happen – for our employees, our clients, and our community. We pay all our employees equitably for substantially similar work and offer a total rewards package that is competitive. At the time of this job posting, the annual base pay for this role in the Tacoma, WA area is between $115,000 and $160,000. Base pay is determined through analyzing various factors, including (but not limited to): location, skills, experience, education, knowledge, internal equity, industry indicators, external market factors, and the availability of skilled professionals in the area.
In addition to base pay, our benefits include:
- Flexible scheduling and hybrid work arrangements (when feasible)
- Health benefits for both single employees and families that are above those generally provided by our peers.
- 100% company paid coverage for employee medical, dental and vision insurance premiums and 70% premium coverage spouse/domestic partner and dependents.
- The choice between two medical coverage options and two dental plans
- Company paid coverage for employees and dependents for on-demand primary medical care.
- Health savings account with company contribution provided.
- Health care, limited purpose, and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Company paid short-term, long-term, life and AD&D insurance plans.
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance plans
- Paid parental leave in addition to state parental leave benefits.
- 401K retirement plan and up to 5% match of annual
- Commuting benefit for transit or parking costs
- Annual discretionary performance bonus
- Company purchased iPhone or monthly phone reimbursement.
- Fitness membership reimbursement
- Annual charitable donation matching
- Opportunity to purchase company stock when offered and eligible.
- Paid professional development opportunities.
- Voluntary AFLAC supplemental insurance
- Voluntary Norton LifeLock ID Theft Protection
- Generous paid time off including flexible personal holidays, vacation, and sick time.
About the Firm
Founded in 1955, OAC provides public and private multi-disciplinary, building consulting services. OAC delivers comprehensive program management, applying proven management techniques to the planning, design, and construction of a project from inception to completion. OAC’s building enclosure team designs efficient, complete, and sustainable building enclosure systems. The Forensic Architecture and Engineering practice at OAC provide investigation, repair design, and expert witness consulting on construction litigation and insurance claims.
For over six decades, OAC has been widely recognized as one of the best in our industry. For the 4th year in a row, we made “The top 10 Best Workplaces in Washington”, and continues to earn “Washington’s Best Companies to Work For” – Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces – Puget Sound Business Journal. We are a growing company, with locations in Seattle, Spokane, Olympia, Everett, San Diego, Los Angeles, Silicon Valley, and Dallas.
The future is bright as we continue to expand – check out our website for more:
OAC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to **@oa*****.com.
You will receive correspondence from no***********@ap*.com regarding this job posting. Please add this address to your safe senders list to avoid these messages from going to your junk or spam folders.
How to ApplyPlease use this link to apply: Apply here
40 total views, 1 today