Full-Time Senior Mechanical Engineer
Rapidly growing life sciences technology company
Ultima Genomics is a rapidly growing company that is developing ground-breaking genomics technologies. Our mission is to continuously drive the scale of genomic information to enable unprecedented advances in biology and improvements in human health. We have developed a foundational new approach to sequencing at scale that overcomes limitations due to the high costs of current technologies. We are well-funded and have raised approximately $600 million from global top-tier investors. Our team brings together unique and diverse expertise across multiple disciplines, from healthcare and life sciences, to engineering, to technology and software and beyond. We are a collaborative group of more than 350 employees, including successful entrepreneurs, chemists, hardware and software engineers, genomics and biotechnology experts, molecular and computational biologists, software and algorithm experts, and operations and commercial leaders. Join us to develop and commercialize technologies that unleash the power of genomics at scale and empower the future of human health.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team!
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will lead initiatives for improving the reliability, performance, efficiency, and user experience of a novel life sciences instrument. The instrument is multidisciplinary, involving thermal systems, fluidics, machine design (motors, bearings, stages, etc.), and bio-chemical processes. This position will require a broad engineering skillset, significant hands-on work, and excellent organization/communication skills. The Senior ME will also take a leadership role at the company by defining future design initiatives, managing long term schedules, and working closely with the systems and manufacturing teams to achieve performance metrics.
How You’ll Contribute
- Identify, define, and prioritize design improvements for improved reliability, performance, efficiency, and user experience based on high-level company goals
- Lead design, prototype, build, and testing of mechanical, robotic, fluidic and thermal components and assemblies
- Generate drawings and develop work instructions for transfer to manufacturing
- Work with systems and manufacturing engineering team to plan the testing and rollout of new designs
- Provide guidance to junior mechanical engineers
- Support the integration of designs with biological and chemical processes, software and electrical systems
- Work with external engineering consultants, vendors and manufacturing partners
Qualifications and skills
- BS/MS in Mechanical engineering
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Proficient with CAD and FEA (SolidWorks preferred)
- Ability to take on a top level CAD system, determining location, mounting, cable routing paths of sub-systems, integrating into a full machine design
- Experience with the full product life cycles from prototyping to production
- Strong knowledge of mechanical engineering fundamentals
- Experience with design for manufacturability (DFM)
- Previous experience managing projects and/or small teams
- Hands-on style, with excellent organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary environment
- Programming and data analysis skills (Python, MATLAB) a plus
- Willing to commute to Fremont, CA
At Ultima Genomics, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. This role pays between $120,000 and $140,000, if performed in California, and your actual base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. This role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; flexible spending & health savings account; paid holidays; paid time off; employee assistance program; and other company benefits.
Ultima Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws. See also Ultima Genomics’ EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by contacting re********@ul*******.com.
How to ApplyPlease apply at https://grnh.se/dc881b0d4us
35 total views, 1 today