Full-Time Senior Java Software Engineer III
Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Develops core versions of software applications for sale to external clients. Identifies clients’ purchasing requirements and technical specifications through Product Management and/or client representatives. Interacts with engineering groups to assist in the design changes to equipment and/or software. Trains and communicates with clients on systems application.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs.
* Code must be used in the core version of applications available for sale commercially and not that which is customized to meet a specific client’s implementation of the application.
* Interacts with product managers and/or users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
* Participates in software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements.
* Writes technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
* Writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications using current programming languages and technologies.
* Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
* Trains and communicates with internal Client Training, Client Relationship, and Sales teams on systems application.
* May be responsible to develop or execute project plans, budgets, and schedules and for documenting work and results.
* May deliver informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups to internal and/or external audiences.
* Performs additional related duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience that is required for the specific job level.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Knowledge of BKFS’ products and services; in-depth knowledge o products and services in assigned line(s) of business
* Knowledge of financial services industry
* Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles (e.g., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development)
* Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry (e.g., ISO, CMM, Six Sigma)
* Knowledge of banking practices, regulations and operations within assigned line(s) of business
* In-depth understanding of design patterns and their application
* Fluency in developing and understanding sequence diagrams, class models, etc.
* Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
* Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
* Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
* Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
* Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
* Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach
* May require in-depth knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems management, and related infrastructure technologies and practices
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS / PREFERRED SKILLS:
* Familiarity with Linux preferred
* Apigee API Gateway
* Experience in Docker technologies, Kubernates, Elastic/Elk, Jasper, GUI design, Jira, Service Oriented Architecture preferred
* Experience with Agile SDLC preferred
* Advanced understanding of core technologies, especially languages, and broad experience with peripheral technologies
* Proficient at architecting scalable applications
* Knowledge of banking practices, regulations and operations within assigned line(s) of business & secure programming
* Need strong communication skills
* Prefer financial services experience
JOB FAMILY LEVEL
Senior level role. Requires a broad knowledge of the system development life cycle; products, services, practices, regulations and operations associated with the assigned line(s) of business; and software engineering alternatives. Requires proficiency in at least two higher-level programming languages. Evaluates systems specifications for complex business requirements; develops and prepares computer-based solutions. Analyzes problems in terms of detailed equipment requirements and capabilities, including those related to scalable applications, and cloud-based resources. Verifies program logic by preparing test data for trial runs. Receives general supervision and is competent to work at the highest level of all technical phases of software engineering while working on own or in a team environment most of the time. May be involved in providing assistance and training to lower level software engineers. Typically requires seven (7) or more years of software engineering work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Black Knight is an AA/Equal Opportunity Employer
How to ApplyApplication URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bXNjaWFsby4yMDYwNS4xMDU5NEBibGFja2tuaWdodGZpbi5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
32 total views, 1 today