Full-Time Senior Internal Auditor – qualified
Corporate Finance fulfils a vital role at the heart of HMRC. We are responsible for ensuring that HMRC plans and manages its performance, makes good decisions and is held to account on accurate financial and performance data. Our activity helps HMRC account excellently for everything HMRC does.
Internal Audit is at the very heart of HMRC and works with every area of the department looking at assurance on governance, risk management and controls. As well as undertaking risk-based and compliance type audit work, we are actively brought in early to help the business design assurance into new products and processes.
We are looking to recruit enthusiastic individuals who are keen to improve public services. We need people who can bring practicality, pragmatism and customer focus to the technical elements of the review process. You need to be a strong influencer, a good communicator and be able to move easily between team player and team leader as the situation requires. If you are ready for a change and have an appetite for the breadth of work this role offers, we can help you build an exceptional career in internal audit and wider HMRC/Government. This role will provide you with work that is challenging, interesting and probably the most varied in government. This is an opportunity that will no doubt stand out on any CV.
The Senior Internal Auditor – Qualified role manages the following:
- Managing all aspects of an audit assignment, to ensure that it is completed effectively, and that all work meets professional and quality standards
- Carrying out the complex and specialised areas of an audit review
- Liaising and consulting with high level audit customers to achieve excellent customer satisfaction
- Being a ‘critical friend’ within key HMRC and cross-Government programmes to implement Government and HMRC strategy, including where required programme board membership and providing advice on risk, governance and control to the achievement of strategic objectives
- Providing professional consultancy/ad hoc advice on risk, governance, and control
- Contributing to the development of the internal audit plan and processes.
- Acting as line manager to trainee auditors as required.
We are looking for experienced Chartered Internal Auditors or Accountants with a wide range of audit skills to support the delivery of assurance to the CEO/Accounting Officer.You will be:
- A qualified Internal Auditor or Accountant with Chartered Internal Auditor (CMIIA & CIA) or Accountancy CCAB/CIMA Qualified.
- A strong analytical thinker who can solve problems and work out what needs to be done and take pride in doing it to completion.
- An effective communicator both orally and verbally, supporting this with strong report writing skills, being able to communicate key messages clearly and succinctly to senior leaders.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, being able to relate to people at all levels in an organisation and to establish and maintain respect both professionally and personally.
- An independent thinker who can confidently challenge the status quo, express their views and make decisions.
- Highly organised, with the ability to work on, and manage, multiple projects within tight timelines and with minimal supervision.
- A team player who can also exercise their initiative.
- Adaptable to shifts in business focus and customer needs.
- Able to demonstrate resilience and tact in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Genuinely interested in auditing and be looking to develop your career with us.
The Jobholder should be aware of the potential for the risk of financial loss in the day to day work and be responsible for taking action when instances of this through are identified, ensuring it is escalated to the manager.
A qualified Internal Auditor or Accountant with Chartered Internal Auditor (CMIIA&CIA) or Accountancy CCAB/CIMA Qualified and completed log book
Some travel will be involved but not on a regular basis.
A qualified Internal Auditor or Accountant with Chartered Internal Auditor (CMIIA&CIA) or Accountancy CCAB/CIMA Qualified and completed log
How to ApplyApply via Civil Service Jobs: https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/jobs.cgi?jcode=1680026
834 total views, 0 today