Full-Time Senior Human Resources Generalist
About the Opportunity:
The Senior Human Resources (HR) Generalist is responsible for performing high level HR support across a range of functional areas, including performance management, ethics, compliance, and reporting, leave management, diversity and inclusion, compensation and benefits, and staff development. Our ideal candidate for this role will have prior HR experience as a generalist, preferably in the NGO sector, and will be motivated to join an engaged and active team of HR professional supporting staff around the world in their efforts to implement the mission of Internews. We are looking for someone who is passionate about the many quirks of HR, eager to learn new skills and spearhead projects, and has a good sense of humor. If you’re an HR professional who has strong attention to detail, a flexible mind, a knack for keeping organized, dedication to keeping things moving in a high speed, global environment and comfort in taking initiative, we’d love to have you join our team!
Ultimately, this job will most likely be based in Internews’ Washington, DC office. However, all Internews’ staff are currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic and will continue to do so until at least January 1, 2021. Until the situation meaningfully changes, this position will also function remotely.
Our Commitment to Fostering a Culture of Belonging:
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents, and non-parents, the self-taught, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations, and socio-economic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, abilities, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
Key Responsibilities of this Position include:
Human Resources Generalist Duties:
- Develops and supports diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives and programs;
- Develops training materials on HR issues for organization, including staff onboarding and orientation programs, toolkits for local offices, supervisor trainings, e-learning modules, etc.
- Develops and supports employee resource groups and materials, leading staff working groups and task forces;
- Support employee performance management programs, continuous feedback mechanisms and software solutions, and staff professional development programs;
- Conducts research and develops recommendations on implementation of a variety of HR initiatives in coordination with other HR staff;
- Manages HR team’s sharing and communications platforms, including the intranet site, Yammer, etc.
- Creates internal website content including Q&A pages, guidance and additional resources;
- Manages the US immigration and visa petition processes when necessary;
- Works to implement Internews’ Core Values through departmental processes;
- Maintains and demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
Policy, Compliance and Reporting:
- Helps ensure compliance with Internews’ Global Ethics policies, assists with internal investigations as requested;
- Supports ethics and safeguarding trainings, policies, investigations, and report writing;
- Creates, drafts, and reviews HR policies;
- Manages annual required reporting and filings, including the Affirmative Action Plan, required benefits filings, EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations;
- Manages annual audit and IRS reporting for the 401k plan and benefit wrap document;
- Manages OSHA and CALOSHA Safety Committee;
- Stays informed on labor law changes and updates, advises and guides on HR best practices,
- Develops and regularly produces key HR metrics reports;
- Develops and runs regular and ad hoc reports in Internews’ ERP system, including the compilation of data for for twice-annual renewal processes for Internews’ insurance portfolio;
- Ensures compliance with funder and government regulations regarding personnel activities in the US and overseas.
Staff Compensation and Benefits:
- Manage the validation, approval, and implementation of staff leaves, including medical leaves of absence, FMLA, and ADA issues and annual updates of ADA flight medical certificates and provides leave usage reports to Senior HR staff;
- Manages the design and implementation of open enrollment processes in conjunction with the Senior HR Manager;
- Manages the claims process for all corporate benefits programs;
- Manages staff life events and recognition programs.
Qualifications We’re Looking For:
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned professional with deep knowledge of policy and protocol as well as building relationships across culture and experience. This person’s background and experience will result in an authentic perspective on the work of HR and Internews in general and the employees it serves.
- Demonstrated commitment and track record of implementing key HR initiatives;
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate in efforts to foster interpersonal and institutional belonging, dignity and justice;
- Strong knowledge of human resources practices, laws, and compliance requirements;
- Proven ability to act as a coach and advisor and successfully communicate and mediate with both management and staff;
- Proven ability to manage confidential and/or sensitive information;
- Proven ability to successfully operate in multi-cultural environments;
- Flexible, creative, problem-solving approach to work challenges;
- Prior experience with a HRIS, HCM or ERP system;
- Organized, logical, detail-oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- 5+ years HR generalist experience and/or HR certification;
- Previous experience working in an international non-governmental organization.
How to ApplyTo apply, please visit our website: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1207
65 total views, 1 today