Full-Time Senior Engineer Renewable Interconnections PE (Hybrid) (#22-66312)
SDG&E is an innovative San Diego-based energy company that provides clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people it serves in San Diego and southern Orange counties. The company is committed to creating a sustainable future by providing its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure the reliable operation of the region’s infrastructure for generations to come. SDG&E is a subsidiary of Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE).
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America’s best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry’s most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region’s largest employers, we’re always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best. Learn more about benefits HERE.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of SDG&E. Empowering our employees to be their whole selves at work is our competitive advantage. This is where new ideas come from and meaningful collaboration gets an authentic start. By bringing together people with different perspectives, diverse backgrounds and real commitment to their own individuality, we have built a stronger business. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion HERE.
For more information, visit SDGEnews.com or connect with SDG&E on Twitter (@SDGE), Instagram (@SDGE) and Facebook.
Normally designated as a lead engineer. As such, provides work direction to subordinate engineers and/or acts as a project leader over the more complex or major engineering projects and/or studies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership/direction for major or complex engineering and construction projects and/or studies; may serve as cognizant discipline engineer.
- Conduct complex engineering studies which require advanced knowledge within the assigned discipline.
- Provide coordination, monitor progress, interpret results and ensure timely completion of assignments.
- Identify actual or potential problem areas and develop corrective actions to be taken.
- Provide leadership, technical advice, training and guidance to lower-level engineers as well as clerical, technical and operating personnel; may participate in the selection, hiring and promotion of subordinate personnel.
- Recommend new and improved practices and procedures related to their assigned area.
- Keep informed of technical developments, industry codes and safety and/or regulatory requirements which have impact upon the respective engineering discipline.
- May be required to testify at regulatory meetings.
- Represent the Company/industry as a member of outside engineering/standards organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor’s Degree Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited program or Professional Engineer (PE) certification in addition to five (5) years of engineering experience or an Advanced degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- A minimum of 5 years of engineering experience is required.
- Must be thoroughly knowledgeable in more advanced engineering concepts.
- Uses a high degree of ingenuity, analytical ability and judgment in identifying problems and impacts of complex engineering studies.
- Registration as a professional engineer is required.
- Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
- We offer a hybrid work environment. Although the schedule may vary, typically this will allow you to work from the office two to three days per week and work remotely on the remaining workdays.
- Experience with Power Flow studies on Electric Transmission System.
- Knowledge of GE’s Positive Sequence Load Flow software (PSLF)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Note: SDG&E strives to ensure that employees are paid equitably and competitively. Starting salaries may vary based on factors such as relevant experience, qualifications, and education.
SDG&E offers a competitive total rewards package that goes beyond base salary. This position is eligible for an annual performance-based incentive (bonus) as well as other merit-based recognition. Company benefits include health and welfare (medical, dental, vision), employer contributions to retirement benefits, life insurance, paid time off, as well as other company offerings such as tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave, and employee assistance programs.
How to ApplyPlease APPLY HERE
43 total views, 1 today