Full-Time Senior Embedded Controls Software Engineer
Carrier has a great opportunity for a Senior Embedded Controls Software Engineer to join its Carrier Transicold Controls & Digital Products Engineering team located in Syracuse, NY.
Our team is providing game changing solutions to make Carrier’s truck trailer and container transportation refrigeration units smarter and connected. Our products are undergoing a radical transformation into intelligent refrigeration systems that are more efficient and reliable. We design, develop, and support intelligent, connected control systems and we are continuously adopting new development technologies and capabilities to deliver advanced solutions for a safe and sustainable cold chain.
The Senior Embedded Controls Software Engineer will work as part of our team to build efficient, high quality, and reliable real-time controls products for Carrier Transportation Refrigeration Units. The Embedded Controls Software Engineer will utilize state of the art software development processes and tools including Model Based Design to create, verify and document software/firmware programs.
This position will be primarily focused on embedded controls design and integration, specifically the design and implementation of real time control logic that governs the functioning of a refrigeration unit, as well as communicating with the outside world via display user interfaces and in other forms (IoT devices, Apps, flash drives).
Specific responsibilities will be:
- Applying agile software lifecycle management and model based design principles and tools to design and implement real time embedded software solutions for our controls platforms
- Interface with refrigeration systems engineers to understand requirements and applications and translate them into specific hardware and software specifications.
- Develop and maintain specification documents.
- Design, implement, and automate unit tests.
- Prototype new solutions to prove technology concepts.
- Participate in sprint and release planning activities, sizing of work tasks.
- Contribute to improving software development processes with new ideas and introducing new tools, including model based design.
- BS degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering with 4 to 7 years of embedded controls experience
- MS degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering with 3 to 5 years of embedded controls experience
- PhD degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering with 1+ years of embedded controls experience
- Strong C++ and C programming skills for embedded systems applications
- Development of real time applications with use of RTOS including Embedded Linux
- Design of embedded software modules as part of an overall architecture
- Proposal, implementation, and validation of architectures of control modules.
- Formulation and execution of unit testing, debugging, and troubleshooting
- Experience with PIC, Renasas, X86 and ARM Microcontrollers or similar
- Experience with model based design tools and methods including software modeling (UML/Rhapsody, Simulink/Stateflow), autocode generation, testing and verification
- Familiarity with software development and lifecycle management tools (e.g. IBM Jazz RTC)
- Actively participate in the project planning, sizing of development tasks
- Write specifications, test plans and document designs
- Participate in software code or model inspections and design reviews
- Develop software using C++ with Object Oriented Design methods
- Knowledge of control system and system diagnostics algorithms and their design process
- Use of field communication protocols (CAN, MODBUS) and other interface protocols, wired and wireless (USB, Wi-Fi, BT).
Technology, Architecture and Methodology:
- Demonstrated capability to improve quality and efficiency of software development methods
- Creation of modular SW architectures at the driver and application layers level for real-time control systems
- Protocol design, modification
- Familiarity with implementing solutions to mitigate cybersecurity vulnerability
- Customer Focus:
- Create, refine and clarify requirements with engineers from different technical background
- Understand end users application of products and impact on controls
- Evaluate and respond to customer questions and issues
- Strong technical leadership with the development of embedded software solutions
- A proactive individual with demonstrate capability to innovate, propose new ideas, show curiosity, question the status quo
- Minimal Travel to customer sites, field locations and other Carrier sites
- Domestic relocation will be considered
- This position will be located in Syracuse, NY
- Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
How to ApplyUse URL link below: https://jobs.carrier.com/job/syracuse/senior-embedded-controls-software-engineer/29289/16859862
663 total views, 0 today