Full-Time Senior Director & Senior Managing Counsel – Data, Privacy & Cybersecurity
Overview of BNY Mellon:
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: BNY Mellon Careers
As part one of the safest and most trusted financial institutions, the BNY Mellon Legal department mitigates risk and handles legal affairs to ensure the security of the company and its clients.
The Senior Managing Counsel will be part of the leadership team within Data, Intellectual Property, Technology & Innovation (DITI) Legal. This role will be responsible for advising senior business and technology stakeholders and mentoring a team of specialized attorneys, including those responsible for privacy, cybersecurity, data usage, and implementation of emerging technologies (e.g., AI, machine learning). The team will be responsible for addressing challenges and risks in these key areas, including those unique to the highly regulated financial services industry. The responsibilities include:
- Manage a global team of attorneys serving as enterprise-wide subject matter experts to support BNY Mellon and its business lines in the areas of privacy, cybersecurity, and data.
- Advise the Chief Information Security Officer on all areas of the Bank’s information security program, including new security initiatives, regulatory examinations, cyber war games, and implementation of new technology to meet the evolving threat landscape.
- Partner with the Chief Privacy Officer to support the firm’s global privacy operating model, assess and implement new/amended privacy regulatory requirements, and provide legal guidance on evolving privacy-related issues (e.g., international data transfers, AI, biometrics).
- Support the Chief Data Officer on the firm’s enterprise data projects and initiatives, including developing a legal risk framework for data products and services, drafting training and guidance materials, and advising on implementation of cloud-based technology.
- Serve as lead counsel on sensitive and high-risk incidents involving privacy, cybersecurity, and data, including determining notification requirements, drafting communications, and engaging with outside counsel, forensic experts and other incident response vendors as necessary to help drive successful response to incidents.
- Serve as a key subject matter expert and governance member to advise and support the development and adoption of new use cases for AI and machine learning.
- Proactively monitor global legislative and regulatory developments in the areas of privacy, cybersecurity, and data. Lead engagement with relevant stakeholders to implement uplifts to policies and procedures and actively participate in industry groups to ensure alignment with the broader financial services industry.
- Negotiate and provide guidance on complex data protection matters in M&A transactions, new partnerships, and vendor/client engagements.
- Minimum 10 years as practicing attorney, with at least 5 years of experience in privacy (in-house experience preferred).
- Working knowledge of cybersecurity, technology controls, information security, data privacy and protection, and data management.
- JD from an accredited law school.
- Member in good standing of New York State Bar or ability to qualify for in-house counsel admission.
- Ability to effectively manage a global team and prioritize competing priorities to delivery timely work product.
- Strong communication skills to provide practical, risk-based advice to senior stakeholders.
How to Applyhttps://eofe.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1001/job/45619/?utm_medium=Jobboard&utm_source=PinkJobs
56 total views, 1 today