Full-Time Senior Director of Development, College of Arts & Sciences
The University of Tennessee Foundation, Inc (UTFI) seeks a Senior Director of Development for the College of Arts & Sciences on the University of Tennessee, Knoxville campus. The Senior Director of Development will provide strategic leadership towards the development efforts within the College of Arts & Sciences which represents an alumni base of more than 80,000. The Senior Director will manage a staff of two direct reports and will work closely with other development team members to implement the strategic plan of the college.
The Senior Director of Development’s primary responsibilities include:
- Assist in meeting and surpassing unit goals for the College of Arts & Sciences Advancement Office
- Provide strategic leadership towards the development efforts for the college, including identifying, cultivating, strategizing, soliciting, negotiating, and stewarding donor prospects.
- Annual goals will be set with the Executive Director each year and will have a baseline of 160 visits, $3 million in dollars raised, and 30 proposals delivered.
- Secure and maintain significant funding and prospect portfolio for the College
- Manage and lead two direct reports by analyzing year-to-date progress toward goals, prioritizing prospects and projects; approving personnel request; managing individual budgets and corresponding travel plans, and additional duties as it relates to supervision.
- Coordinate with College personnel to collaborate and communicate through goals, funding needs, and planning as needed
Who We Are!
At the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, the Foundation provides engagement opportunities for alumni through networking and community events and works hand-in-hand with the campus on their priorities to improve undergraduate and graduate education for more than 30,500 students and support for faculty and staff with over 900 programs of study. While our advancement team aspires to be a key driver in UT’s vision of being a top public research university and producing at the level of a top SEC fundraising program, UTFI supports them by providing a unique benefits package that includes:
- Eligible for up to 24+ paid days off per years and 12 paid days off for holidays,
- Tuition reimbursement,
- Employee discounts such as Orlando theme parks and Biltmore, and
- Full comprehensive benefits & retirement package, plus more!
Knoxville sits at the base of the Great Smoky Mountains. With a variety of outdoor activities, parks and recreation, Knoxville provides a top notch outdoors recreational experience to nature lovers. Arts, music, events, and annual festivals add to the breadth and depth of the list of things to do in our region. There are various opportunities to connect and find community for all identities and interests within the surrounding area and on campus.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Proven successful track record of 8+ years’ experience in major gift fundraising or a combination of major gift fundraising and annual giving, planned giving, volunteer management, stewardship, communications, or other Advancement related areas of work
- 2 or more years of experience in direct supervision role
- Aggressive sales mentality with the ability to provide strategic leadership. Strong customer service orientation; strong oral and written communications skills; customer-centered thinking.
- An individual with talents in leadership, collaboration, organization, and strategic thinking
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively
- Master’s degree
- Experience in and/or direct familiarity with capital campaigns, annual giving, and planned giving
- Knowledge of fundraising databases
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and related software
- Ability to serve a diverse constituency
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The ideal candidate will be highly supportive of and committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. To build a diverse workforce The University of Tennessee Foundation, Inc. encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women. EEO/AA employer.
In order to be considered for candidacy, please include a cover letter and resume in addition to completing the on-line profile. Applicants should complete the on-line profile in entirety to demonstrate the minimal education and experience required for this position. Incomplete profile information as it relates to the requirements listed will eliminate candidacy for this opportunity. Use keyword 2300000137 to apply to this position from the link: https://hr.tennessee.edu/jobs/staff-positions/
How to ApplyUse keyword 2300000137 to apply to this position from the link: https://hr.tennessee.edu/jobs/staff-positions/
92 total views, 0 today