Please note that Arabella is searching for one Senior Director, Managed Organizations, Implementation and Improvement.
You are mission-driven and action-oriented. You love to get involved and work as part of a team to accomplish something great. Any job is your job if it helps the team succeed, and you thrive on variety. Today, you’re looking for a role where you can use those traits to make a real difference in the world by advancing the most important social issues facing humanity today.
We seek a leader with a passion for improving and advancing the social sector. You will help quickly launch, scale, and manage operations for a variety of initiatives. You’ll identify and make systems improvements to enable Arabella to more effectively serve its clients. You will support and oversee operations for client philanthropic initiatives including donor collaboratives, advocacy campaigns, and new nonprofit organizations. We seek a leader with experience in implementation, improvement and building teams, a person who combines entrepreneurial spirit with operational know-how. If you want the opportunity to help lead a fast-growing team that is reshaping the charitable sector, then this job is for you.
Implementation and Improvement (~45%)
- Evaluate new ideas, systems and business proposals for feasibility and to determine how to implement
- Engage with multiple stakeholders to get input and buy-in
- Lead cross-functional teams to stand up new business, new systems and new functions, ensuring that good change management practices are followed
- Improve existing business processes and practices to increase efficiency and enhance client service
Client Services (~20%)
- Oversee the delivery of excellent client services for a broad portfolio of grant-making, incubation, and fiscally-sponsored projects
- Cultivate strong relationships with clients, donors, and philanthropic partners
- Oversee our efforts to provide clients with excellent and responsive service while instilling a culture of compliance
- Develop agreements, relationships and processes that enable us to provide service to the non-profits we manage
- Supervise mid-level team members with a focus on developing, motivating, and mentoring direct reports
- Identify rising stars on the team, and support strategies to retain them
- Identify, recruit, coach and support staff across the team
- Provide visible leadership to the local office
Strategic Leadership and Organizational Growth (~15%)
- As a member of the Managed Organizations leadership team, contribute to team and organizational strategy, and oversee the achievement of important team objectives
- Contribute to the team and organization’s significant year-over-year growth by innovating our systems, operations and processes
- Contribute to the development and management of the team’s ongoing structure, annual objectives, and key business performance metrics
- Develop and share relevant and valuable expertise
- Oversee our team’s learning and development opportunities
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- Graduate degree in relevant field (e.g., business administration, nonprofit management, or public administration) or equivalent experience
- Deep knowledge of and experience in the social sector. The ideal candidate has substantial philanthropic or nonprofit experience
- Significant experience with implementation of new functions or services, improvement of existing systems and processes, change management and stakeholder engagement
- Experience providing customer service in fast-paced, sophisticated environments
- Ability to thrive with ambiguity and in a matrixed environment
- At least 15 years of work experience with steadily increasing job responsibility, including extensive people management experience
- Demonstrated commitment to equity
- Excellent communication skills, including writing skills, and demonstrated ability to structure large amounts of information into written documents that are clear and easy to understand
- Ability to manage and lead complex projects, to oversee and delegate to others on the team, and to meet deadlines
- Formal process improvement qualifications a plus
Our Core Competencies:
- The ability to provide excellent service, including being able to effectively guide teams to achieve service standards and carry out strategy, and identify service offering gaps and recommend and/or drive improvements.
- The ability to manage resources across team to ensure projects and goals are achieved, approve work plan changes and final deliverables, and communicate projects’ progress with critical stakeholders
- The ability to establish and manage effective relationships with diverse stakeholders across the firm, including executive-level colleagues, and to foster a culture of courteous professional interactions
- The ability to effectively communicate critical firm-wide messages, and to lead others in managing challenging conversations and developing complex communication skills
- The ability to model and foster a team-wide culture of inclusion, collaboration, and knowledge sharing; to demonstrate and model appreciation for significant team contributions; and to mediate challenging interpersonal conflicts
- The ability to regularly engage in leadership development activities, and lead firm-wide initiatives that improve firm-wide learning
- The ability to foster a team culture that encourages creative problem solving, and to ensure teams have resources and training to overcome complex challenges
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
About Arabella’s Managed Organizations Team
Arabella Advisors provides operations and management support to multiple nonprofit organizations, including the New Venture Fund, the Windward Fund, and the Hopewell Fund—all 501(c)(3) public charities—and the Sixteen Thirty Fund, a 501(c)(4).These managed
organizations house new and innovative public interest projects and nonprofits, as well as coordinate collaborative initiatives between donors and administer grants programs. This type of structure is commonly referred to as fiscal sponsorship, and candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview. The managed organizations provide support to a diverse range of projects, including many focused on conservation, global health and civic engagement.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
Advancing DEI within our firm and in our work with partners is critical to our mission. To be effective partners to philanthropists, nonprofits, and communities impacted by philanthropic dollars, we need to have a highly diverse staff, a workplace where individuals are encouraged to retain their uniqueness and can feel a sense of belonging, and a nuanced understanding of the racial, ethnic, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, and other disparities that undergird the issues we engage in and the interactions we have with one another. For us, equity means that our staff members, our clients, and the people they serve can experience the same level of success, no matter their starting place. We expect all our employees to share this commitment, and always seek ways to improve how well we live these values. Click here
to learn more about DEI at Arabella and read our official DEI statement.
Working with US
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, healthy, and fun culture. We invite you to visit our careers page
to learn more.
To encourage work/life balance, we offer flexible work options. Our office is an open space with cubicles and informal work areas. Our salaries are closer to the range of a nonprofit and our benefits are excellent. You’ll start with three weeks of vacation, 80 hours of personal time, and 20 hours of paid time to volunteer at an organization of your choice. In addition to seven federal holidays, you get to pick four more from a list of inclusive religious holidays and your birthday. We have a competitive health package that includes medical, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide funds for professional development, a fitness benefit, and cover part of your personal cell phone plan.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover letter online. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
Arabella Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to racial equity. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We encourage you to read (or listen to) our DEI statement
prior to applying. We make a particular effort to recruit people of color and members of marginalized groups to apply for open positions. Once you have applied, we welcome your feedback on how you have experienced our values around DEI in the recruitment process.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
106 total views, 1 today