Full-Time Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Berkeley, CA / USA-REMOTE
“The battery is the technology of our time.” -The Economist
Voltaiq is an Enterprise Battery Intelligence (EBI) software company. Our data platform brings unprecedented analytics, visualization, and predictive capabilities to any company with a battery-powered business model. Our customers are world-leading brands — including global automakers (Mercedes, Proterra), household-name tech giants (Google, Microsoft, Amazon), and major battery producers and their materials suppliers (Albemarle, Sila Nanotechnologies) — depend on Voltaiq software to accelerate product development, optimize performance, ensure safety and reliability, and unlock the financial value in their products. Our high-powered team is composed of battery industry veterans, Ph.D. scientists, a highly skilled product and engineering team, and an advisory board of C-level industry execs, all of whom are passionate about enabling the global energy transition. Voltaiq is a USA-based fully-remote company serving customers around the world.
Voltaiq is seeking a Sr. DevOps Engineer to join our growing DevOps team, responsible for the availability, scalability, and security of our platform. You will drive the design and delivery of scalable, automated systems for data processing, storage, and access to support the data analysis activities of our customers and internal teams. You should enjoy using technology to automate solutions and optimize outcomes focusing on data and application engineering, continuous integration and continuous deployment in the fast-changing world of software delivery. In this role, you will take satisfaction in providing vital software systems to customers working at the cutting edge of one of the world’s fastest-growing and most important industries: Batteries!
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience shipping scalable infrastructure and building tools that enable developers to build and ship products in an agile environment.
- Demonstrated track record of end-to-end delivery of infrastructure systems, including requirements gathering, design, planning, and implementation.
- Experience building infrastructure in AWS and Azure and scaling 10-100x.
- Experience with Docker containers and Kubernetes release and deploy processes.
- Working experience building and maintaining continuous integration and delivery pipelines.
- Familiarity with software packaging, release, dependency management, and versioning systems.
- Experience crafting and implementing security policies and IT integrations with large enterprises.
- Working knowledge of Terraform, Ansible, and Jenkins.
- Experience with log and metrics processing pipelines for monitoring and debugging.
- Understanding of file synchronization and the Linux file system.
- Experience administering and integrating with SSO providers.
- Comfortable with on-call and incident response duties when needed.
- Comfortable taking on incidental tasks outside your area of expertise.
- Experience mentoring other junior team members.
- Degree in computer science, information systems, or equivalent professional experience.
- A passion for building technology to help drive the global transition to sustainable energy.
- Plusses, but not requirements, include experience building infrastructure in Google Cloud Platform, and experience building and shipping applications in Python or other high-level languages.
Competitive salary plus equity and full benefits. We are a USA-based, fully-remote company with an administrative office in the Bay Area.
Voltaiq is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through the application of its equal-opportunity and nondiscrimination policy, in all aspects of employment.
How to ApplyPlease visit our website directly to apply - https://www.voltaiq.com/careers/careers-single/?gh_jid=4699632
343 total views, 0 today