Full-Time Senior DevOps
Are you an experienced DevOps practitioner with a passion for designing and developing smart solutions to challenging problems? Do you believe in doing things right without sacrificing project deadlines? Do you like the idea of working for the largest and most trusted educational student travel company in the country – a company that ’ s served more than seven million elementary through college grad students since 1967? If so , WorldStrides has a place for you.
As a successful candidate you will be a highly-motivated self-starter with a positive attitude , excellent communication and problem-solving skills and a passion for technology , automation and transforming complexity into simplicity. You will have strong organizational, people and time management skills, and be able to handle multiple priorities with demanding timeframes.
Most of all, you’ll be excited to join our new DevOps Team at WorldStrides as we work to support innovative, industry-leading educational travel opportunities for learners of all ages.
Your work at WorldStrides will support a number of divisions across our global presence, each with unique DevOps needs. You will help oversee management and governance of our source code repositories and will work closely with our Development, Quality Assurance , Infrastructure and contracting teams to manage, document and automate software builds , deployments and tests as well as automate data refreshes of non-production environments for a number of applications that are critical to the business of WorldStrides . These applications include (but are not limited to) Dynamics CRM 365 customizations, Sitecore customizations and custom ASP.Net applications built by different divisions within the company. You will serve as the release engineer for major deployments and updates. You will also work with the Development and Infrastructure teams to configure monitoring, alerting, logging and tracing tools and use them to their best advantage . You will help define the path forward for the WorldStrides Release Engineering department by researching , defining and architecting solutions for Source Control, Build and Deployment automation, Continuous Integration, Environment Monitoring and general developer tools. You will also provide mentoring and guidance for more junior members of the team.
• Manage, document and automate software builds, deployments and tests
• Automate data refreshes of non-production environments.
• Oversee software deployments
• Configure monitoring, alerting, logging and tracing tools
• Configure source control repositories
• Assist with oversight of source control repositories
• Mentor more junior team members
• Research, define and architect solutions for Source Control, Build and Deployment automation, Continuous Integration, Environment Monitoring and general developer tools
• 4-Year degree in Computer Science or similar field
• 6 + years’ experience with DevOps or release engineering
• Experience with administ ering DevOps in an enterprise-level environment
• Experience designing and building software, especially .Net applications
• Experience with enterprise CRM systems like Microsoft Dynamics CRM
• Experience with enterprise CMS systems like Sitecore
• Experience with enterprise Rules Engines like InRule , Drools, Red Hat Decision Manager, etc.
• Expertise with public IaaS and PaaS clouds, such as AWS, Azure, Cloud Foundry, or private cloud systems.
• Knowledge able in source code management practices such as branching and merging
• Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and computer science foundations
• Proficiency in scripting languages such as PowerShell or Bash
• Solid understanding of QA Testing Frameworks
• Experience with SQL coding a nd e xperience with relation al database design and development
• Ability to quickly learn new concepts and technologies
• Knowledge of or experience with unit testing
• Experience with some or all of ( but not limited to ) the following DevOps-related tools , technologies and services:
• Infrastructure as Code (ISC)
• Microsoft Azure DevOps
• Container platforms like Docker and orchestration systems like Kubernetes
• CI/CD tools like Jenkins , Bamboo , Travis CI or Azure Pipelines
• Automated web testing tools like Selenium or Katalon
• Configuration Management and Deployment tools like Puppet, Chef or Ansible
• Monitoring tools like Nagios or AppOptics
Standard Department Member Responsibilities:
• Support company policies and management decisions with a sense of urgency and professionalism
• Seek out and participate in internal and external programs that facilitate personal and professional growth
• Foster communication within the department, with other departments and with management
• Help champion a DevOps culture throughout the WorldStrides IT department
WorldStrides is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to ApplyTo apply for our position in Charlottesville, VA, copy this web address into your browser: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=WORLDSTRIDES&cws=37&rid=1572
27 total views, 1 today