Full-Time Senior Data Analyst – Capital Markets
Job Purpose and Background in summary
CDP’s Data Analytics Team are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic data analyst who is passionate to use data to drive companies, investors, and governments to build a thriving economy which works for people and planet.
CDP is a not-for-profit charity that runs the global disclosure system for investors, companies, cities, states and regions to manage their environmental impacts. The world’s economy looks to CDP as the gold standard of environmental reporting with the richest and most comprehensive dataset on corporate and city action. In 2022 more than 18,000 companies, representing around 70% of the global market capitalization, and 1200 Cities, States and Regions disclosed their environmental impact data through CDP. In 2021 we launched our new five-year strategy: Accelerating the Rate of Change – find out more here. Visit https://cdp.net/en or follow us @CDP to find out more.
About the Data Analytics Team
The role sits within the Data Analytic team which comprise of more than 20 analysts working across CDP to deliver innovative analytical services and data products for Capital Markets, Cities, States and Regions and Supply Chain clients as well as other internal and external stakeholders. Along with the team you will help developing and delivering exciting analytical projects as well new data products.
This role is responsible for the Capital Markets delivery team, which focuses on data products and services that helps investors and banks make more sustainable investments within their portfolios. These include CDP’s Full GHG dataset as well as Private Markets and SME emissions modelling. In addition, you will attend Investor client meetings and support the Capital Markets team with triaging data queries, and support internal and external stakeholders with data and modelling specific queries.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering and developing data products for Capital Markets clients. E.g., SME emissions models, Carbon metric datasets and other climate related data products.
- Line Management for two Data Analysts
- Delivering Analytics and Insight for Capital Markets Team
- Extract, clean and deliver CDP questionnaire response data to internal and external stakeholders/clients.
- Engaging with Capital Markets colleagues and investors, in the use of our data, data products and make better decisions from them
- Supporting on other data analytical services/product projects across CDP.
Required/desired skills and experience:
- At least 3-4 years of applied data analysis experience using R/Python.
- Management experience – line-management and/or team management.
- Experience managing several projects/deliveries simultaneously.
- Experience with developing and applying statistical models.
- Extraordinary data cleaning and wrangling skills.
- Proven experience using relational databases (MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server etc) and using SQL to query databases.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent data visualization skills using Power BI or similar tools.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and the ability to convey complex methodology and concepts to non-data experts in English.
- Great attention to detail and commitment to achieving high standards.
Additional things we would be happy to see:
- Experience working with both ESG and financial data.
- Familiarity with GitHub or similar version control tools
- A good understanding of GHG accounting methods and sustainability data.
- An awareness of environmental issues, particularly as they relate to our core themes of Climate Change, Deforestation and Water Security.
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Knowledge of the financial system and capital markets.
- Professional experience working within agile delivery teams.
This is a permanent, full-time role based either at the CDP office in London or the CDP office in Berlin reporting, to the Head of Data Analytics.
Salary and benefits:
£44,000 – £49,000 per annum, 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, generous non-contributory pension provision, Employee Assistance Programme, life assurance, training and development, flexible working opportunities and other benefits.
Interested applicants must be eligible to permanently work legally in the United Kingdom or Germany. Sponsorship is not available for this role.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant’s privacy notice. By uploading your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
How to apply:
Please upload your CV in the application form along with a covering letter as an additional document setting out why you would like to work for CDP, how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages. Candidates will be considered on an ongoing basis.
How to ApplyPlease just apply through this link: Senior Data Analyst - Capital Markets - CDP Worldwide (teamtailor.com)
40 total views, 2 today