Full-Time Senior Capital Acquisition Agent
Senior Capital Acquisition Agent
Legislative Services- RPAM
Status: Regular Full Time
Salary Range: $107,121-$133,902 per annum
Work mode: Hybrid* see below for more details about this work mode.
Location: 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton
Hours of work: 35 hours per week
Who we are: Real Estate provides innovative, effective and fiscally-responsible real estate solution for the Region of Peel. We offer a broad spectrum of services including acquisitions and disposal of land and buildings, leasing both as tenant and landlord, property valuations, municipal real estate inventory management and provision of real estate information.
We are looking for a Senior Capital Acquisition Agent who will provide comprehensive real estate acquisition services necessary to acquire all property rights for complex individual capital infrastructure projects (roads, water and/or wastewater). In addition, you will be responsible for the complete project deliverables as they relate to land acquisitions, large complex transactions and successfully delivering the project’s land requirements on time and on budget. You will provide guidance and mentorship to teammates by demonstrating technical expertise (legal, engineering, appraisal and negotiations) and you will directly support the Manager Capital Acquisitions on policy implementation and manage customer relationships with cross-functional project teams.
What you will do in this role:
- Leading the property acquisition program and complete individual negotiations for multiple complex capital infrastructure projects on various property types (commercial, industrial, residential, agricultural and environmentally sensitive)
- Negotiate and document complex land transactions to secure property rights necessary for client programs
- Conduct in-depth investigation and extensive research for strategic feasibility and analysis, negotiate and recommend appropriate compensation settlement and implement recommended solutions
- Recommend and direct expropriation proceedings according to applicable legislation and Regional policy
- Conduct appraisal procurement and review necessary for all property negotiations and prepare and review complex appraisal reports for specific projects
- Review engineering designs to determine property impacts
- Participate in Environmental Assessment, detailed design, and construction stages of capital projects
- Conduct planning including critical path analysis for property delivery, setting objectives, prioritizing and setting tasks, and monitoring land acquisition budgets for projects
What the role requires:
- University degree or college diploma in a related field (i.e., Geography, Urban Planning, Urban Affairs and Real Estate)
- A minimum of 8 years of municipal real estate experience preferably in capital project land acquisitions
- Thorough knowledge of all applicable legislation related to capital projects, including Expropriation Acts, Municipal Act, and Environmental Assessment Act
- Thorough knowledge of Registry Office/Land Title Office procedures, legal surveys and plans, and engineering procedures and plans as they relate to property rights and acquisitions
- Member of the Appraisal Institute of Canada and/or International Right of Way Association with an AACI and/or SRWA designation
- Thorough knowledge of general legal matters pertaining to transfer of real property
- Combination of education and experience may be considered
- Strong project management skills
- Strong communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to prepare comprehensive reports, develop creative solutions to complex problems and present recommendations regarding appraisal, settlement and expropriation
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviors, and proactively managing bias
Perks @ Peel and why you will love working for us:
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision benefit plan including psychological health (effective start date)
- Automatic enrolment into OMERS pension plan
- Accrue Vacation on a monthly basis up to 3 weeks per annum
- 3 Paid personal days and floating holidays
- Flexible hours supporting your wellness and wellbeing
- Annual performance review and merit increases based on performance
- Supportive leadership and a culture of respect and inclusion
- Access to tuition reimbursement and learning and development resources
In this role you will have the ability to work remotely and attend on-site when required based on operational requirements at the 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton worksite. The frequency of on-site activities may vary on a weekly basis and based on operational requirements. Your remote work location must be located within the province of Ontario.
The Region of Peel offers job based flexible hours of work that allows employees to manage personal and professional responsibilities while at the same time ensures business operational needs and customer service expectations are achieved.
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
At Peel Region, we value being open and transparent with our community. The Ontario government has passed legislation that will dissolve Peel Region on January 1, 2025. Peel remains committed to providing uninterrupted services to our residents and businesses through the transition. Skilled and qualified professionals are and will be needed to deliver services to the Peel community regardless of the governance model. For information about our transition and how we continue delivering services, visit peelregion.ca/transition.
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply on-line.
As part of the Region’s ongoing commitment to health and safety, there are enhanced COVID-19 specific safety protocols and/or personal protective equipment requirements (e.g. masks, eye protection, etc.) in place to help protect health and safety. The additional requirements are determined based on the nature of the work being carried out.
How to ApplyRegion of Peel - Careers - Senior Capital Acquisition Agent in Brampton, Ontario | Careers at CA-ON-Brampton (icims.com)
54 total views, 1 today