Full-Time Senior Backend Engineer
Backend engineers build the core of Canopy products, services and APIs in spectacularly robust fashion.
As a platform company powering businesses, Canopy processes payments, detects fraud, helps entrepreneurs start an internet business from anywhere in the world, builds world-class developer-friendly APIs, and more. Behind the scenes, Canopy integrates with bank partners and builds out the infrastructure to facilitate lending and processing across the US and soon the world.
We have backend engineers in almost every team across Canopy, and in that role, you’ll be making some of the most significant decisions for the company. You’ll get to work with other engineers to build delightful features that span various parts of the system, as well as our business, sales and operations teams to understand and solve our users’ pain points.
We’re looking for people with a strong background or interest in building successful products or systems; you’re comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; you have exquisite attention to detail; and you’re comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems across Canopy’s engineering teams
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Work with engineers across the company to build delightful features that span various parts of the system
- Collaborate with our business, sales and operations teams to understand and solve our users’ pain points.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
You might work on:
- Building a new API for our users, or iterate on existing APIs
- Launching a new market or payment infrastructure initiative
- Analytics and Fraud to reduce chargebacks and declines
- Building new tools for our business teams
- Building new systems to securely store sensitive data
At Canopy, we have worked hard to build a values-driven, remote culture on the foundation of the following core values:
- Being scientific
- A growth mindset
Successful Backend Engineers at Canopy:
- Enjoy and have experience improving product experiences and building backend system
- Think about systems and services and write high quality code. We work mostly in Node.js (TypeScript) and SQL and are big fans of the AWS ecosystem. However, languages can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill than – knowledge of a particular language or framework.
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise.
- Measure your success in terms of business impact, not lines of code
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas. For instance, we have wonderful team members who are really focused on their customers’ needs and building amazing user experiences, but didn’t work on APIs before joining Canopy.
- Space and support to grow
- Comp package in the 90th percentile of startups our size
- Flexible Vacation
- Paid Parental Leave Policy
- 401k matching
- Monthly stipend for mental/physical wellness
- Excellent health, vision, and dental package
- Home office set-up package
- Yearly team offsite somewhere fun
- Donation (give-back) budget
How to ApplyYou can apply directly on Canopy's Careers page: https://apply.workable.com/canopy-servicing/
157 total views, 0 today