Full-Time Senior Back-End Developer – Holopix
Light up Life. At Leia we are working at the forefront of display technology — making screens come to life in richer, deeper, and more beautiful ways. We apply our proprietary nanotechnology to give any display the ability to produce immersive “holographic” content — no glasses, no tracking, no fuss.
Come join a team of passionate scientists, engineers and artists to define the digital experiences of tomorrow.
Holopix is the first and only platform for sharing photos in holographic 4v. As a back-end developer working on Holopix, you will build out new features, scale the infrastructure, and expand the product to new markets.
- Work closely with our Android devs to define API requirements.
- Build scalable systems with a modern tech stack:
- Firebase database, storage, and cloud functions in Node.js on Google Cloud
- Search and feed ranking/suggestion infrastructure: ELK stack (Elasticsearch – Logstash – Kibana)
- Efficient and scalable image/video streaming web server
- Server-side image processing and computer vision
- Data aggregation and analytics infrastructure using Firebase analytics and Logstash
- Critically evaluate new and existing technologies, to ensure we are building on the best possible foundations.
- Engineer fault-tolerant systems to ensure the integrity of user data.
- Protect user data and privacy by building systems with security in mind.
- This is a position based at Leia Inc’s headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
– 4+ years experience as a back-end developer.
– Experience developing backend systems for mobile applications.
– Experience with NoSQL database management.
– Ability to work in a dynamic startup environment.
– Self-starter with ability to work independently.
– Passion for doing what’s right for the customer.
– BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
– Passionate about photography.
– Experience working with Firebase.
– Experience working with video encoding/streaming frameworks
– Experience in implementing data aggregation and analytics platform
– Experience with studying user behavior in a data-driven approach and implementing features to achieve growth hacking
– Experience with machine learning or data science.
– Experience with A/B testing.
– Experience with VR/AR (Oculus, Unity, Unreal, ARCore, ARKit).
At Leia Inc. we strive to light up life by making everyday more beautiful and meaningful. We are building the future of digital interactions. Leveraging the most recent advances in nanotechnology and intelligent software, we are building an exhaustive technology platform that lets people experience the digital world in more intuitive and beautiful ways. In order to assemble top talent to help realize this mission Leia offers our employees:
- A competitive compensation package
- Medical, Dental, and 401(k)
- 160 hours PTO (4 weeks)
- Catered lunch daily and an office stocked with healthy (and unhealthy) snacks and beverages
- Onsite workout facility
- Easy access to our offices from anywhere in the SF Bay Area
Leia Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates are evaluated without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
How to ApplyAPPLY HERE
33 total views, 1 today