Full-Time SENIOR AUDITOR – 31989
235 work days
Salary Range: $62,600-$75,802
Essential Functions and Objectives:
The Senior Internal Auditor is a key resource in supporting the risk assessment, planning, and execution of a variety of concurrent assurance and consulting activities designed to add value and improve the District’s operations.
This position is a collaborative partner that has the responsibility of engaging with the District’s internal business partners, evaluating evidence, and contributing to the improvement of governance, risk management, and control processes using a systematic and disciplined approach. This includes, but is not limited to:
Making appropriate recommendations for improving the governance process in its accomplishment of the following objectives:
– Promoting appropriate ethics and values within the District;
– Ensuring effective organizational performance management and accountability; and
– Communicating risk and control information to appropriate areas of the District,
– Evaluating the effectiveness and contributing to the improvement of risk management processes, and
– Assisting the District in maintaining effective controls by evaluating their effectiveness and efficiency, and by promoting continuous improvement.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– Four (4) or more years’ experience in accounting or auditing.
Valid Colorado Driver’s License, appropriate insurance coverage and acceptable driving record for the past three years, if the position requires travel.
– Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and statistical software.
– Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and auditing practices (GAAP).
– Knowledge of governmental regulations and District internal auditing policies.
– Ability to analyze, identify and problem-solve in highly complex situations.
– Ability to coordinate and work effectively with diverse staff.
– Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
– Ability to communicate persuasively and diplomatically.
– Effective verbal and written communication skills in English.
– Operate and use general office equipment and supplies, personal computers, telephones, related software and equipment (e.g., printer).
– CPA Certification or other equivalent certification preferred.
– Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to Applyhttp://tinyurl.com/ycoaykl3
60 total views, 2 today