Full-Time Senior Associate, SOX Control & Compliance
Bring your ideas. Make history.
Put your professional experience to work for one of the world’s most recognized and admired financial industry companies with a career at BNY Mellon.
Founded in 1784 by Alexander Hamilton, we have not only been an engine behind the evolution of the financial industry, but we have also evolved at every step. Today we are more than 50k+ employees across 35 countries as we continue to build momentum and achieve further growth. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
We’re seeking a future team member for the role of SENIOR ASSOCIATE – SOX COMPLIANCE AND CONTROLS to join our SOX Compliance and Controls – Internal Controls over Regulatory Reporting (SCC-ICRR) team. This role is located in Manchester, United Kingdom – HYBRID.
In this role, you’ll make an impact in the following ways:
- Participate in delivering complex and challenging audits of regulatory reports.
- Participate in the end-to-end planning, fieldwork, and reporting of audit assignments which may require consideration of complex, judgmental business processes and decisions
- Identify meaningful issues impacting the regulatory reports under review, challenging management to ensure appropriate remedial action has been taken to address the issues identified.
- Provide input for draft audit memos
- Follow-up of audit actions and where necessary testing their implementation.
- Build and proactively manage relationships with key stakeholders
- Contribute to the development of the annual audit plan.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of industry best practice and regulatory requirements for EMEA regulatory reporting
- Carry out other ad-hoc tasks and projects as directed by the Group Manager.
To be successful in this role, we’re seeking the following:
- Degree educated and/ or a strong academic/professional work record with particular preference for Regulatory reporting, Audit, Risk and controls background
- Proven work experience
- Experience in the UK Financial Sector is desired but not essential
- Strong communication, influencing skills and confident in communicating with stakeholders both internal and external.
- Self-starter with a high degree of self-sufficiency
- Excellent planning, co-ordination, organization, report writing and presentation skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and adaptable to change
- Strong knowledge and use of Excel, data analytics tools and other Microsoft software – PowerPoint, Word, Visio
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here’s a few of our awards:
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg’s Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Disability: IN – 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- CDP’s Climate Change ‘A List’
About SOX Compliance & Controls (SCC)
SOX Compliance & Controls is a global team of professionals which assesses critical financial, regulatory, and technology processes/areas supporting all lines of businesses and functions around the world. We are a diverse, resilient, and unique group of experienced business & technology professionals based within the Company’s Finance Department. SOX C&C also offers a developmental opportunity that extends beyond the traditional boundaries of our core functions, providing a well-rounded perspective of Finance, IT and the overall business.
SOX C&C is comprised of four primary areas, with opportunities for mobility across these areas for our employees:
- Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICFR) – SOX 404 Compliance
- Internal Control over Regulatory Reporting (ICRR)
- Basel Independent Verification (BIV)
- Information Technology
We would like you to be a part of this exciting and growing team that will enable you to obtain extensive exposure and insight across BNY Mellon!
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life’s journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums
How to ApplySend CV to: email@example.com
42 total views, 1 today