Full-Time Senior Associate, Policy and Research
The Data Quality Campaign (DQC) is one of the country’s leading education advocacy organizations, with a 10-year track record of success and a growing, talented staff headquartered in Washington, DC. DQC is a nonprofit policy and advocacy organization leading the effort to bring every part of the education community together to empower educators, families, and policymakers with quality information to make decisions that ensure that students excel. To realize this vision, DQC works toward three goals:
1. Increase public understanding of the value of education data.
2. Ensure that everyone with a stake in education has timely access to the right information.
3. Improve the capacity of and conditions for teachers and school leaders to use data.
If you care passionately about changing the role of data in education so that every student is not only counted, but counts, DQC is the place for you. DQC values the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions that each team member brings to this work—and seeks to add individuals who continue to expand our thinking, push our boundaries, and commit to bringing their whole selves and experiences to our team. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and opportunities for career growth.
This position is grounded in the DQC values of listening and applying what we learn to our work and staying grounded in what is happening now in states, districts, schools, and classrooms, while always looking ahead. DQC Senior Associates are self-starting, dedicated, energized by their colleagues, passionate about education, and love to dive into complex policy topics. They work with colleagues across the organization to achieve goals. The Policy and Research Senior Associate will:
• Research education policies and identify stories of success in effective data use.
• Contribute to developing impactful advocacy tools.
• Support DQC partner relationships and meetings.
• Act as a thoughtful, contributing member of our team who learns and grows professionally over time.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Conduct original research on state education data policies through landscape analysis, interviews, surveys, review of publicly available documents, and other methods. Use this research to identify best practices, showcase stories, uncover lessons learned, and provide recommendations for the field.
• Oversee the development and execution of DQC resources and advocacy tools.
• Analyze, distill, frame, and communicate about data use policy and practice found at local, state, federal, and national levels.
• Keep DQC staff informed about emerging practices and policies that facilitate effective data use across the education sector.
• Represent DQC in meetings, briefings, coalitions and partnerships and conduct presentations.
• Plan, facilitate, and prepare other team members for effective and results-oriented meetings.
• Reinforce DQC’s strong relationships with national policy, research, and advocacy organizations.
• Seek strategic opportunities for collaboration and partnership with other organizations.
Requirements & Qualifications
Education and experience:
• DQC values both education and work experiences that demonstrate the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position.
• In your cover letter, explain how your combination of education and work experience (including internships) demonstrates your ability to develop knowledge that empowers the field.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Research skills and a superb ability to synthesize complex information into plain language.
• Demonstrated ability to convey ideas and positions to diverse groups—externally to technical and nontechnical audiences at various levels (e.g., partners, states, federal government) and internally with peers—both orally and in writing.
• A reputation for being entrepreneurial, partnership‐oriented, energetic, positive, and focused.
• Capacity to work under pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
• Ability to travel occasionally for the organization.
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
• Starting salary commensurate with qualifications. Excellent benefits and work environment.
• Director, Communications
How to Apply* Please send resume, cover letter, writing sample, and list of three references (with email addresses) to email@example.com. * Please indicate “Senior Associate, Policy and Research” in the subject line.
70 total views, 1 today