Full-Time Senior Archaeologist
Richard Grubb and Associates, Inc. is seeking a Principal Investigator/Senior Archaeologist to be based out of its Wake Forest, NC office. This position can be hybrid remote and in office/field. Prior work experience in the southeast, particularly North Carolina, is preferred but not required.
Principal Investigator/Senior Archaeologist responsibilities include:
- Coordination with review agencies including various SHPO, federal and state agencies.
- Direct, plan, organize, and manage archaeological surveys, site recordation, monitoring, and other duties in operational regions
- Supervise field directors for phase I, II and III archaeological surveys
- Prepare archaeological survey reports, including technical writing.
- Working within a budget and in accordance with project schedules.
- Working with sub-consultants and reviewing their results.
- Communication with clients, including state and federal agencies
- Contribute to scoping and budgeting proposed projects
Qualified applicants must possess:
- MA/MS or Ph.D. degree in Archaeology, Anthropology or related field.
- Experience with the archaeology, prehistory, history and ethnohistory of the southeast (preferred)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a principal investigator or with technical report preparation experience
- Experience with various regional, state, and federal cultural resource management regulations, including a good working knowledge of NEPA and Section 106.
- Technical writing, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Collegiality in working with architectural historians and historians as part of a team environment.
- Registered Professional Archaeologist (RPA) designation is preferred.
Qualifications that would be a plus:
- Experience preparing technical and cost proposals
- Cemetery and Historic Archaeology experience
- Geophysical experience
This is a full-time position. Benefits include paid vacation and sick days, 12 holidays, medical, dental, and vision insurance, employer paid life insurance, and 401k eligibility with employer match. Salary for this position generally ranges from $55,000 – $80,000 and is dependent upon qualifications.
How to ApplyIf you wish to be considered for this excellent opportunity, please email a cover letter and a copy of a current CV (or resume) detailing education and work experience as soon as possible to: Ellen Turco, North Carolina Branch Manager email@example.com
47 total views, 1 today