Full-Time Senior API Strategy Product Manager
Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Black Knight Inc. (Black Knight) is searching for a Senior API Strategy Product Manager who will be responsible for enterprise wide adoption of the company’s API strategy to drive improvement in speed to market and the development of innovative solutions for our customers, accelerating our ability to leverage new business channels/opportunities and create superior business value.
In this role, you will help our customers (lenders, providers, and partners) make the most out of Black Knight’s API services. You will need to drive adoption with direct and indirect resources, using persuasion, power of argument, charisma and a “get it done” approach. Internal training (including materials), sales support, marketing, architecture, business, technical and financial analysis, strategic and tactical thinking are important skills/capabilities you will need to bring to this role. You will have an equal mix of technical and business capabilities and be able to communicate effectively and with passion to both constituencies with a track record for driving deep technical solutions at large scale with high customer impact. You will act as an advocate for the API Strategy and the API Management platform. As a leader, you must be able to influence across multiple divisions, be an exceptionally strong analytical thinker and have a history of delivering results with demonstrated capabilities in working within a politically sensitive context where required (being able to move to resolution when confronted with strongly held conflicting opinions).
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop, manage, maintain and communicate the API roadmap, prioritizing features by considering business priorities and investment trade-offs.
* Define product roadmap including authentication, API framework, governance and regulatory standards, success metrics, monitoring, sandbox, and developer portal, driving the design, requirements and delivery of these initiatives to quality, time and cost targets.
* Work with the technical lead and developer experience to ensure a high-quality and consistent API developer experience, which is delivered to the right target market of developers. Develop personas to help understand internal and external API users.
* Act as the conduit from customers to the development team to ensure the right features are created and deployed.
* Build a self-service experience through the creation and maintenance of a self-service API developer portal that contains code samples, in-place testing, and full documentation.
* Articulate the business benefits of the API and use this to communicate value to the business.
* Be responsible for ensuring funding for the API Center of Excellence by producing and ensuring performance against an annual funding budget (with cost/benefit analysis).
* Reporting out to all levels of the enterprise, including executive business and technical leadership.
* Establish functional and non-functional requirements, metrics and performance against metrics.
* Act as the interface between API consumers and API producers.
* Adopt an overall process of moving beyond projects and toward product-based thinking
* Develop an API monetization approach and manage the “internal market”.
* Ensure development of support materials and delivery of the same as required.
* Provide technical sales support as required.
* Fill the role of technical business analyst where required, gathering/vetting requirements and providing documentation and support including ownership and maintenance of the API Playbook
* Work across Black Knight to support adoption of API products. Partner with Enterprise Product Strategy to execute the corporate API strategy.
* Acts as arbiter of design best practices by establishing and maintaining programming and deployment tools & standards, resolves design conflicts working across various roles, and conducts code reviews and coaches developers to drive code and API reuse across the enterprise.
* Work with Information Security to establish authentication/authorization standards; provide thought leadership on security of the API strategy to balance risk/reward.
* Track and effectively communicate project issues, delays and risks, and help resolve critical cross-group technical or project issues as they impact release plans and client deliverables.
* Remain continuously informed of emerging Security, Trust, Product, Platform and API trends and engaged in the external startup and developer communities.
* Establish effective, repeatable engagement model (including written communication, presentations, internal workshops, to ensure buy-in and awareness across enterprise).
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Possess at least 4 years of progressive, related work experience in digital product management with a record of individual technical achievement in defining and building out product roadmap and business models with a proven track record of managing, delivering and monitoring programs that enable APIs integrated across enterprise-wide systems.
* Practical experience and knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture, microservices, and API Gateways/API Management, especially Apigee Edge, or similar integration platform, as well as an understanding of REST based APIs and micro-services architecture preferred.
* Experience in dealing with and incorporating third party products, vendor relationships, and high volume or critical production service environment preferred.
* Excellent presentation skills and comfort presenting complex information to senior leadership
* Highly collaborative work style with the ability to positively negotiate, influence others and maintain effective business relationships
* Strong analytical, detail oriented, problem solving, communication, product planning and project management skills.
JOB FAMILY LEVEL
Expert managerial role that directs and controls activities of all product lines and products within a Division through multiple Product Managers and their teams. Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods. Manages the product revenue and profitability for all product lines and products within the Division. Participates with other senior managers in establishing strategic plans and objectives, makes final decisions on administrative/operational matters and ensures effective achievement of objectives. Works on the most complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires a comprehensive knowledge of the business and/or industry. Directs the corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people. Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements and directs staff to also do s o. Regularly interacts with executives and/or major clients. Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with clients or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization. Typically requires a minimum of ten (10) years of overall related work experience.
Black Knight is an AA/Equal Opportunity Employer
How to ApplyApplication URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ZGNhbXBiZWxsLjU5Njc3LjEwNTk0QGJsYWNra25pZ2h0ZmluLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ
37 total views, 1 today