Full-Time Senior Accountant
Advocate Accounting LLC is a values-driven firm that provides accounting, tax, training and consulting services to nonprofit organizations, small businesses, and individuals in the greater Seattle area. We love our clients and their missions and want it to show in our work. We take pride in working to create and maintain a work culture rooted in trust, collaboration, and learning. We are committed to developing individual team skills, engaging team members in business decisions, communicating openly, and prioritizing a healthy work/life balance. Visit our website to learn more about our work and clients.
We’re a small but mighty team of three looking to bring on our fourth full-time employee. We work primarily remotely, with the occasional team retreat, meeting, or other work in the Seattle area.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for a self-starter with strong organizational skills and attention to detail to lead our accounting team. This position is stewarded by the founder, and supported by the staff accountant.
There is opportunity for the person in this position to expand into other practice areas depending on experience and interest.
Core responsibilities include:
- Monthly close procedures for multiple clients, including journal entries, multiple entity allocations, and development of management use financial reports
- Compassionate stewardship of one or more team members
- Attending regular virtual meetings with clients
- Providing general support, training, and consulting to clients in the areas of accounting, payroll, and operations
- Supporting clients with financial audits and reviews
- Supporting the creation of tools and templates using Excel and Google Sheets
- Participating in internal business development, team building, and equity work
- Supporting the founder in work delegation, project management and long term planning
Expansion opportunities include:
- Conducting public training programs
- Individual, business and non-profit tax preparation
A successful team member in this position will use their accounting, communication, and organizational skills to ensure that our clients receive timely financial information each month and general support regularly. They will balance values driven work and goals with an entrepreneurial spirit and motivation to help the business grow financially. At a minimum, the experience and skills we’re looking for are:
- Experience and cultural competency working with diverse communities
- An understanding of institutional racism and a strong commitment to social justice
- 4 years in an accounting role
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Online and Excel
- Ability to manage work independently, provide regular updates, and ask for support when needed
- Ability to work on a team with a diversity of working and communication styles
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to manage shifting priorities and competing deadlines
- Highest level of discretion in protecting confidential information and data security
Additionally, the following skills and experience is a plus:
- Experience working with non-profit organizations
- Degree or certification in accounting and/or tax
- CPA license, CPA eligible, or CPA pursuing
- Experience working as a tax preparer or an EA designation
- Familiarity with some of the systems and apps we and our clients use: Google Drive, Divvy/Bill, Gusto, Zoom, ATX, Financial Cents, and CRMs/payment processors like Neon, EveryAction and Stripe
- Familiarity with local, state or federal tax law
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Compensation & Work Philosophy: The starting salary range for this position is $75,000-$80,000 depending on experience, with annual raises on January 1st and occasional bonuses.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position based on a 35 hours/week schedule, except during January, March, April, and October. The expectation during those periods is 40 hours/week, and occasional overtime may be required. Working hours are flexible; employees are encouraged to set hours that work for them as long as they are clearly communicated and the work is completed on time.
Benefits: Though Advocate Accounting is a small company, we believe it’s important to provide the best benefits we can afford. Currently, we offer the following: tax-free health insurance and medical expense reimbursements up to at least $487.50/month, retirement plan with 3% employer match, 11 paid holidays including your birthday, 10 days paid vacation in first year and 20 days paid thereafter, a separate annually determined company-wide paid week off each year, 6.5 days paid sick time, home office stipends and professional development opportunities.
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLYPlease send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Senior Accountant” in the subject line. We will be reviewing application materials and scheduling interviews as they come in. The desired start date is between October 15th and November 15th. Advocate Accounting LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Black and Indigenous peoples and other people of color, queer, gay, lesbian and/or bisexual people, transgender, gender non-conforming and/or non-binary folks, neurodiverse people, and other candidates who have been minoritized in this industry are encouraged to apply. Because we have a legally binding fiduciary duty to our clients, we plan to run a background check after our interview process, specifically for any convictions related to finance. We understand that convictions do not necessarily indicate wrongdoing and often are symptoms of systemic injustice. We will evaluate candidates primarily on their skills and experience. You are welcome to provide us with context before, during, or after the interview process and to submit references who can offer additional context.
7 total views, 1 today