Full-Time Secondary Tutor
Reports to: Deputy Head of ATT
Location: London with travel across the country for meetings and school visits
Pattern: Full Time
Closing date: 27/09/2023 at 10am (Please note that interviews will be held on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to close the application process early. Early application is advised)
Interviews: w/c 02/10/2023
Salary: £45,000 £50,000 (depending on experience)
About the role:
We are looking for a Secondary Tutor to join our team. You will work alongside a team of other Tutors, Curriculum Leads and Subject specialists, you will deliver world-class training and development to trainees and ECTs. You will also work with our in-school mentors and ATT Leads to make sure they are developing their practice and are provided with training that is relevant to their needs.
ATT Tutors are phase specialists which enables them to provide the highest quality training and support for both trainees and mentors. The impact of phase specialism is emphasised in the ITE Inspection Handbook and the ITE Core Content Framework. The curriculum sits at the heart of the ATT training programme and our tutors’ phase specialism ensures that trainees can rely on their expertise.
To excel in the role, you will need to be an excellent teacher with a track record of delivering excellent achievement for pupils – particularly those who are vulnerable to underachievement. We are looking for someone who will also have experience of coaching trainees and teachers; leading professional development sessions and understand best practice in teacher training and development. We are looking for someone who has experience of educational leadership, either at a senior or middle leadership level. Most importantly, you will have a strong interest in our work with the drive and desire to improve educational outcomes for disadvantaged students.
- Manage a portfolio of schools and be responsible for the quality of provision and trainee progress within these schools
- Ensure that training is coherent and of consistently high quality and relevant to trainees needs through working with schools and facilitating face-to-face training sessions
- Ensure that there are no significant variations in the outcomes achieved by different groups of trainees
- Develop in-school mentors through co-coaching and facilitation of training to ensure they can contribute to trainee progress and development effectively
- Support the implementation and delivery of our ECT and Professional Development Training
- Some evening work to support and facilitate the programme
- Qualified to degree level
- Qualified to teach in the UK
- Recent teaching that results in excellent achievement for pupils, particularly those who are vulnerable to underachievement
- Experience in teacher training and development including coaching and mentoring teachers
- Flexible, highly organised and able to prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Hard working, detail orientated, and systematic
View the full job description and person specification here
About Ark Teacher Training
Launched in 2013, Ark Teacher Training is a programme for committed graduates and career changers who aim to become great teachers. Trainees spend one year in an Ark school – becoming a qualified teacher while learning on the job. With the support of an inspirational group of tutors, coaches and educational experts, the trainees have all the tools they need to perfect their craft. We understand the importance that the first few years of teaching have on a teacher’s future, so that’s why the programme also supports trainees for the following two years through our early career support.
Ark Teacher Training was judged ‘Outstanding’ in all areas by Ofsted in March 2022.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising with each year of service up to 30 days after 3-years’ service. This entitlement is pro rata for part time employees. This entitlement excludes bank holidays
- Full office closure between Christmas and New Year
- Hybrid working, with currently two days a week in our state-of-the-art office in West London working alongside colleagues
- Regular social events, monthly free breakfast, and daily fruit
- A flexible approach to working with understanding and consideration for work life balance and personal commitments
- As an Ark employee, you will have the opportunity to be part of the TPT (The Pension Trust) scheme, our workplace pension scheme where we make an 11% contribution; you are not required to contribute towards this scheme unless you choose to. Depending on your role you may also be entitled to LGPS which is a defined benefit scheme where you contribute a percentage based on how much you earn (as do we) in exchange for a guaranteed amount in your pension pot every year
- Access to high-quality professional learning throughout your career, offering both face-to-face sessions and a bespoke online learning platform
- Access to Ark Rewards scheme offering savings from over 3,000 major retailers, interest-free loans available for season tickets or a bike, gym discounts offering up to 40% off your local gym and free eye tests
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies. In order to meet this responsibility, its academies follow a rigorous selection process to discourage and screen out unsuitable applicants.
Ark requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment – this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred. To read more about Ark’s safer recruitment process, please click this link.
We aim to build a diverse and inclusive organisation where everyone – staff and students – can do their best work and achieve their full potential. We want to reflect and represent diverse perspectives across our organisation because we know that doing so will make us stronger and more effective. To know more about Ark’s diversity and inclusion commitments, please click on this link.
How to ApplyApply with a CV and cover letter on our online recruitment portal. Applications to be submitted by Wednesday 27th September 2023 at 10am but please note: we will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis and this advert may close earlier than advertised depending on the level of response. Click here to apply This ATS application form should take no longer 20 minutes to complete. At any time, you can pause, save, and log back in. If you have any difficulty with meeting the deadline for application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised.
50 total views, 1 today