Full-Time SDA Cyber Security Manager
The Dreadnought Alliance is a newly formed alliance between the MOD, BAE Systems and Rolls-Royce, brought together to deliver the UK’s next generation ballistic missile submarine. Dreadnought is the UK’s most critical and complex major programme. Design commenced in 2007 following a Parliamentary vote, and construction commenced in 2016 following a further vote to replace Vanguard Class submarines. This programme will deliver four state of the art submarines within a £31Bn (plus £10Bn contingency) budget to host the UK’s strategic deterrent and maintain the ultimate guarantee of our security in an uncertain world.
The Dreadnought Alliance is seeking a Cyber Security Specialist to lead, coordinate and assure all activities towards achieving Information Assurance (IA) /cyber security accreditation of the Dreadnought submarine.
Please note, due to the nature of the projects involved, this role is open to SOLE UK NATIONALS only, and whilst initially requiring SC level clearance , the successful candidate may be required to obtain Developed Vetting in the future.
It is also of note that whilst this role is based in Barrow-in-Furness, there is some flexibility in the current circumstances for remote working with travel into Barrow Shipyard.
There will also be travel to Abbey Wood, Bristol and Rolls Royce in Derby as required as part of this appointment.
Our Cyber Security Manager will:
Set strategic direction towards achieving cyber security accreditation across the large and complex Dreadnought programme, maintaining oversight and holding to account all suppliers into the Dreadnought programme across the Nuclear Enterprise
Provide, leadership, representation and intervention as appropriate at Security Working Groups at all tiers of the programme, sometimes down to individual sub-tier suppliers in high-risk areas.
Provide advice and support to the rest of the Dreadnought alliance on cyber security (policy, implementation, risk management, technical testing etc.)
This role involves engaging effectively with a large stakeholder base, including the capability customer; in-service community; intelligence community and UK Subject Matter Experts in IA/cyber and involvement in early activities to understand how to better integrate the cyber and safety domains within the programme.
Essential to your success will be an ability to demonstrate:
• A substantial range of cyber and information security knowledge
• Experience, knowledge and/or qualifications in one or more of the following: Information risk management, information security (e.g. CISSP), cyber security of networks, interfacing, product security lifecycles, penetration testing
Desirable skills and experience include:
• Experience in in implementation of cost-effective and pragmatic security enforcing functions within systems or equipment and at system-of-systems design levels
• Experience in leading and managing cyber security on complex engineering programmes
• Experience and knowledge of cyber security in the defence environment, including knowledge of JSP440 and current defence policies and practices
• Experience of working on submarine projects, and an understanding of submarine systems
• Experience of leading / managing across a broad range of stakeholders and regulators
• Professional engineering qualifications
This role offers successful applicants the following:
External Applicants : First Appointment Expenses up to a limit of £8,000
Internal Applicants: Internal candidates will be eligible for full relocation expenses.
Please note that you may be considered for similar positions at the level below the advertised role.
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with plenty of opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Find out more about what we offer by clicking here
Applicants should be aware that any move across the Civil Service on or after 5 October 2018 may have implications on an employee’s ability to carry on claiming childcare vouchers.
About SDA and your team
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pensionPlease find ‘The Little Book of Big Benefits’ attached or click here
This post is not eligible for relocation allowances.
How to Apply
Follow link to apply
90 total views, 1 today