Full-Time Scientific Research Funding Coordinator (Remote)
Scientific Research Funding Coordinator
Lead GFI’s annual competitive research grant program to empower good food research
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is at the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic resistance and the exploitation of billions of animals annually.
How You Will Make a Difference
In this role, you will have the opportunity to implement GFI’s annual competitive research grant program. The Scientific Research Funding Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the Associate Director of SciTech – Funding to plan and implement GFI’s annual competitive research grant program.
- Serving as GFI’s primary point of contact for research program applicants and award winners.
- Managing SciTech’s research grant application review process.
- Partnering with GFI’s Legal and Finance teams to secure research agreements from grantees and award grant funds.
- Drafting research updates for the GFI website, blog, and newsletters.
- Collaborating with the entire SciTech team on determining research funding priorities and measuring the impact of our work.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Who We’re Looking For
The Scientific Research Funding Coordinator must have:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific field.
- At least two years of work experience with scientific grant writing, review, and project management.
- The ability to professionally communicate verbally and in writing with scientists, grant program administrators, university officials, and other audiences from around the world.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Comfort working remotely and in a rapidly growing and evolving organization.
- Strong support for GFI’s philosophy and mission; demonstrated interest in public health, environmentalism, animal protection, or hunger relief.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
The Fine Print
- Terms of employment: Full-time, exempt
- Reports to: Dr. Erin Rees Clayton, Associate Director of SciTech – Funding
- Location: Remote; United States
- Benefits: Working from home, full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) plan with employer match, flexible holiday and vacation plans, opportunity for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues.
- This is a U.S.-based position: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Salary: $45,000-$50,000
Application Deadline: November 3
How to ApplyPlease apply online at https://grnh.se/520e163d2
82 total views, 1 today