Full-Time SCHOOL NURSE CARE COORDINATOR – 32091
Student Equity and Opportunity
200 work days
Salary Range: $49,524-60,011
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Develop and implement the care coordination program for students needing referral completion for the universal health screening programs focusing on medical and dental follow up. Help improve school readiness and attendance for all students through providing care coordination and health follow through based off of Universal screening needs and school nurse referral and attends medical appointments and home visits related to care coordination. Develop relationships with outside stake holders to increase resources available for students needing care coordination as well as resources available for nurses to share with families for students. Lead and evaluate the screening team as well as develop the Universal health screening Calendar. Provides education, training and skill checks for screening teams. Develops and implements process improvements plans related to the Universal Health Screening program.
– Collaborate with team members to make sure barriers are removed so students can succeed in accessing their education.
– Develops and implements a case management model for the management of students identified with care coordination needs through the Universal Screening process.
– Develops and implements a quality assurance program for student referral completions documentation processes.
– Serves as a liaison between school nurse, family and community stakeholders
– Attends medical appointments with students and parents as needed
– Ensures follow-up for students interventions and treatment is completed
– Provides staff development for department and division staff, and screening technicians
– Develops and maintains community relationships, builds relationships with school nurses, students and families to help them understand resources available to students.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– Must be a licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado
– Must have a specialized Services Provides License as a School Nurse
– 3 or more years related experience
– National School Nurse Certification Preferred
– Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to Applyhttp://tinyurl.com/ycb6dtc8
60 total views, 1 today